Nickel boron coated puck?

it's not that hard or difficult to clean a "puck" in the first place, so why even do something like that? all it takes is a bronze wire brush and some solvent to take the carbon out of the channels and face of it. that just takes a couple of minutes, and that is going slow. I mean really, it's not like you're in a race to clean it.

Edited by Matthew Hopkins
  • Like 1

The puc and gas block are the hot zone for fouling. I wonder if some sort of surface pore sealing treatment would help the gun shoot itself clean? If this could be achieved and made viable, it would be an improvement by my reckoning.

That said, I have no idea how to make it happen. I wish you luck! Let us know if you find anything out along these lines.

If it is really caked on hard, drop it in a small container of CLP and ignore the smell.

once every 800 rounds or so. usually though, mine come clean just using normal gun oil and rubbing them with my fingers and a cloth for a few seconds.

• 11 months later...