Firebird Mag adapter and hammers

We received a few US made hammers in today and also the new Firebird Mag Adpater.

US made replacement magazine spring and adapter to attach a Factory MKA 5rd mag to a SGM Saiga 10rd mag to make a 15rd magazine. $34.95

I will try to get some pics up soon unless Jim has some available.

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-MANUFACTURERS-cln-FIREBIRD-PRECISION/Categories

I thought the 5 had to attach to the 12 to make a 15 rounder?

According to the invoice it states that they are used with the 10rd SGM to make a 15rd.

I thought the 5 had to attach to the 12 to make a 15 rounder?

I hope this don't make any trouble, but here is a post from Gentleman Jim on the Enos forum concerning the coupler. Someone questioned if the Saiga 10 rd magazine would make a 13 rnd MKA 1919 magazine.

Bill

"Its an mka 5 rnd attached to a segment of a SF 12 rnd mag, it makes a 15 rnd mag.

I have never had a 10 rnd sure fire mag, so I dont know.

Jim"

So, if you used two 12 round mags, and two couplers you could make a 20 round mag?

If I did my math right using it would still be cheaper to make an Uber Evil Unlucky 13 round mag than to buy a factory 10 round mag...

Hmm... 13 round mag. That would make a great platform for some "Lucky 13" graphics on the side...

Just ordered two couplers. After seeing Jim's YouTube video on the coupler I ordered two SGM12 mags. That was around the beginning of January. They are on back order but thats to be expected. As soon as I have the SGM mags and couplers I'll post a review.

Looking forward to reading others experiences with the coupler also.

A 10 round SGM mag will give you a 13 round magazine using our coupler, a 12 round SGM mag will make the 15 rounder.

Thanks for the info I will adjust the description.

Just ordered two couplers. After seeing Jim's YouTube video on the coupler I ordered two SGM12 mags. That was around the beginning of January. They are on back order but thats to be expected. As soon as I have the SGM mags and couplers I'll post a review.

Looking forward to reading others experiences with the coupler also.

Do you have a link to the video?

I did the cut & couple thing with the Saiga 12 round mags. You have to be very carefull to make sure the shell passes freely from the Saiga mag into the MKA mag, once you get that all taken care of, they seem to be ok. I have yet to test them though, because of rain and lack of time. I will let everyone know how it goes. (cutting up a perfectly good Saiga mag was the toughest part).

Well that kinda sucks,,,,,within minutes of each other, I ordered 2 couplers from CSS and 2 - 10round surefire mags from Mississippi arms, after reading the description in this thread and on the CSS page saying I'd end up with 15 round mags. Couplers are sitting in the gun shop and the mags are getting here Friday. Guess I need to order 12 rounder's now (if i can find them) and sell the 10's to somebody else,,,,,,

Edited by PYRO
Guess I need to order 12 rounder's now (if i can find them) and sell the 10's to somebody else,,,,,,

I got my couplers in today. They appear nice and solid. At this point, the weakest link appears to be the SGM Saiga magazines. I plan on setting aside some of these should there be problems in the future and the 12rd mags are no longer available. Worst case is the magazines hold up just fine and the spares gather a little dust.

Though the 10 rd Saigas will only give you a 12 rd MKA 1919 mag, you might want to hold onto them.

Bill