UTG Model 47 Side Folding Stock Adaptor on a MKA 1919?

I was wondering if anyone knew if this would fit on the Firebird stock adapter?

http://www.amazon.com/UTG-Model-Folding-Stock-Adaptor/dp/B002TUSDQ2

61p%2B55ATZUL._SL1000_.jpg

I asked UTG if the male threads were the same as on a mil-spec receiver tube and they didn't know. I then asked them if the male threads on this adapter would screw into the female threads on this adapter and they didn't know. I guess if you could screw one of these adapters into another one, then it would work with the Firebird adapter. They make them and they don't know.

So I just emailed them this as well:

I asked this very simple question to one of your people on the fone today and was told repeatedly, "I don't know."

I asked if the male threads were the same as on a mil-spec receiver tube and he didn't know. I then asked him if the male threads on this adapter would screw into the female threads on this adapter and he didn't know. I guess if you could screw one of these adapters into another one, then it would work with the Firebird adapter I have on my MKA 1919 shotgun. I'm having trouble believing you make them and you don't know. Maybe you could get someone there to pick up two of these and just make the effort to screw one into the other for me? If the answer is yes, it fits, I'll buy one. Otherwise I can't. Hopefully whoever reads this will have the work ethic that guy didn't have. Thanks.
Edited by Madwand

The Firebird adapter accepts all buffer tubes with a 1 3/16-16 thread.

That is what most, if not all buffer tubes are usiing.

But to be sure...screw your buffer tube into the FB adapter to check the thread fit. Then do the same with your UTG thingy.

If that is all satisfactory, then try your castle nut on the male threads of the UTG part.

That should pretty mush put your mind at ease.

I haven't bought it yet, that's why I was asking. My receiver fits great in my Firebird adapter. My goal here was to ensure that male end was 1 3/16-16 thread but I didn't know those numbers. The unhelpful fellow at UTG wouldn't have known that anyway, I'm sure. He didn't know anything else.

I haven't bought it yet, that's why I was asking. My receiver fits great in my Firebird adapter. My goal here was to ensure that male end was 1 3/16-16 thread but I didn't know those numbers. The unhelpful fellow at UTG wouldn't have known that anyway, I'm sure. He didn't know anything else.

Cool beans.

Happy hunting.

The reviews are all over the place and I'm thinking I only see one guy who actually says he's using it for an AR type project. One guy says that the threads are not mil-spec...

Anyway, just ordered it, I can afford to take the loss if it stinks.

Hello Sir,

Thank you for contacting Leapers and inquiring about our product. We are sorry for any prior miscommunication. To answer your question, the threads on our Model 47 side folding adapter do fit mil spec threads and the male should be able to fit into your adapter in theory. We have not yet worked with a Firebird, so we cannot vouch for that end. But, if it is meant to accept mil spec tubes, you should have no problems. If you wish to discuss the matter further, I will be in the office all day Monday and would certainly be interested in the concept you are working on. Again, I apologize for any delay in giving you feedback. Typically, an “I don’t know” response from any of us is followed by a “but I will find out for you Sir” statement. We will continue to challenge ourselves to do better.

Thank you for your understanding.

Chris Gaede

So I got it in and I have to report that it is garbage. Because it is cast aluminum, shavings started coming off after the first 5 or 6 pulls to open it from the folded position. The curved part that rotates against itself has lost so much metal that it will not function properly now.

post-46287-0-03759800-1361590032_thumb.jpg