What's a "normal" price for a x54R Vepr?

All the Vepr's Ive seen havent seem to take the same hit as the rest of the evil weapons. I remember seeing them for anywhere from 800-1000 depending on where you looked. And that was pre sandy hook and pre election.

im with the captain on this one. after i heard about a semi auto that takes mosin ammo i started shopping 6 months ago but wouldn't put priority on it because of mag availability.

800-1000, thumbhole stock, before evrything went crazy, if i remember right

Ok.. Cool.. That's honestly the answer I was hoping to hear, under $1k. Changing gears, what's the story on mag availability (not lately, but historically)?

Exactly with you Fatty... Even in this market x54R is cheap, plentiful, and an insane wallop of a round. I've sniffed around a few VEPRs and like the platform, that caliber just seems like the wise decision right now.

Since it looks like it will be 2014 before I can even find the AR-10 I want, I'm thinking the VEPR is going first since they are still showing up. Just have to wait for the market to normalize a bit. I paid like a chump (at the time) for my S12 and want to avoid that again.

Thanks for the responses!

That is a great deal, but appears to be sold. I'm with Maxwelhse, really want to get a VEPR, but I was more leaning toward the x39 version simply because I am stocked up on ammo and mags. Changing calibers right now is tough, but the x54 rounds are available and cheaper than than just about any other, just as long as you don't mind corrosive.

Hoping by summer the market will at least bring them down under 1k. I would buy one at that price point. I think Atlantic Firearms had them for around 7-800 last summer.

Edited by Semper299
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah that woulda been a great deal. I'm going with the shorter barrel integrated sights version. Basically what happened is saiga .308 jumped up to a dollar a round and I have a bunch of 54r so figured I'd actually save money by just buying a new gun.. But I wanted something more compact since I'm not sure I'm sold on the longer barrel being that much of an advantage for accuracy (and my .308 has a long barrel with a long flash hider and I wanted something different.) I'll be interested to see how the two compare on the range.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Agreed, $900 average. I just picked up a 27" barrel for 1200+ shipping. However, some have finished furniture, some don't.

27 inch?? I've only seen them at 23 inch tops. show me some links man lol

nvm vepr super. i forgot

Edited by MegamanX
  • 2 weeks later...