Who has a quick turnaround time fore threading, and boring out/moving

I would guess nobody considering all the current insanity. Most AK-familiar smiths/builders are probably buried with orders to build completed guns before a ban passes.

I just bought the tools to do mine myself from Dinzag and did it in a single evening. If you buy the correct stuff and follow the instructions it's not too hard at all. The cost was around a hundred bucks including the new muzzle attachment, which is a lot less than I'd pay someone anyway.

Too bad you are not in Alaska. My gunsmith friend recently lathe turned my .308's muzzle, and the barrel didn't need to come out. He's got a fixture for his lathe to take the square butt receiver. It ended up being 9/16-24, and he turned back the barrel shoulder so that the FSB didn't need to be bored out at all.

Doing it yourself is the quickest turn around for sure especially now. Until something changes in the political atmosphere as a rule I'd assume all bets are off, all "options" are on the table, and you should not expect to have any gun-relate product or service readily available to you. This is the fight we're currently in though there's definitely much more to come. Can you say "tip of the iceberg"? Civil War II (or would it be WWIII?) seems less and less unlikely every day.

You could do the job in about an hour if you got everything on hand and have some decent skills and finesse. Then again you could completely screw it up. That's the risk you take. Welcome to 2013...it's almost too late to start preparing. I'm SO happy I got most of my survival cache amassed before now. I have another 500 rounds on order but I'm wholely expecting to never see it.

• 3 weeks later...