US made parts for SGL12-07

Wanted to bump this up for any future searches.

The stock SGL12-07 has both a detachable magazine and a pistol grip and is there for not 922r compliant. Nothing on the gun is marked as made in the US so it looks like the gun requires complying with 922r as a first priority.

Arsenal/kvar makes their own trigger group, I know they also sell a puck (pictures I have seen shows a slight gold tint to the surface treatment), a US made stock and probably an operating rod They also make a forend,

They are a smart company and they sell 8 round mags, you can bet that this gun is 922r compliant. They aren't some clueless local smith bolting on tapco stuff and selling it as a conversion. They are a major importer and builder known for premium factory type versions of com block weapons. They also commission some of the comblock manufacturers to make models specifically for them right in the factory with unusual features.

If I were guessing, it probably has KVAR stock and PG, and Arsenal ytrigger group plus a Puck to meet compliance.

Edited by GunFun
  • Like 1

I have inquiries into both Kvar and Fime for the same information. I have been unable to identify any US parts (and yes I do have a clue). The buttstock is not the same as a US made Kvar, has no US markings, and has Russian style screws with dual height threads, not the drywall screws that the Kvar comes with. I even pulled the stock to see if there were and marks up in the receiver end, nothing. There are no US markings on the outside of the PG either. The FCG has no markings and a hammer limiter which is even more suspect for US content. The piston appears stock and is definitely not gold.

Kvar won't answer the phone. Fime is better about the phone but for some reason will not just tell me or shoot me an email about the content.

Edited by Ender

Just heard from Kvar as well- "There is no US parts on the SGL12-07 shotgun." The English is poor but the message simple and to the point. Perhaps they should edit the the misleading language from the description on their site, "Components include 922r compliant parts, mil-spec Buttstock, and trigger group." Or they could just send me a US made fire control group and US made piston and I would be happy to forgive them for their poor choice of wording.

Edited by Ender
Just heard from Kvar as well- "There is no US parts on the SGL12-07 shotgun." The English is poor but the message simple and to the point. Perhaps they should edit the the misleading language from the description on their site, "Components include 922r compliant parts, mil-spec Buttstock, and trigger group." Or they could just send me a US made fire control group and US made piston and I would be happy to forgive them for their poor choice of wording.

Take a couple of screen shots of their website, I'd be changing that if I were them.

that sounds like "false or misleading advertising"... I wonder if they just got sloppy and pasted the blurb over from another gun?

Parts might not really be worth enough to justify hiring an attorney to look into whether there is a basis for a demand letter, but who knows...

Take a couple of screen shots of their website, I'd be changing that if I were them.

that sounds like "false or misleading advertising"... I wonder if they just got sloppy and pasted the blurb over from another gun?

Parts might not really be worth enough to justify hiring an attorney to look into whether there is a basis for a demand letter, but who knows...

I had already taken a few shots. I will wait and see if they contact me based upon this thread before I start down that road. If they don't contact me I will likely go there (one of the perks of my job). It was misleading. I based part of my purchasing decision on that statement, now I am out the cost of at least the cost of a FCG.

I had already taken a few shots. I will wait and see if they contact me based upon this thread before I start down that road. If they don't contact me I will likely go there (one of the perks of my job). It was misleading. I based part of my purchasing decision on that statement, now I am out the cost of at least the cost of a FCG.

the same here

on the K-VAR site they state the SGL12-09 922r parts which I have highlighted in green..

"SGL12-09 This 12-gauge features a Picatinny Quad Rail System – designed for military and law enforcement -- is also made in the US. It has CNC machine precision technology and is made from aircraft-grade aluminum. The rail system allows for accessory attachment including flashlights, foregrips and sights. Russian 12-gauge shotgun that incorporates a mil-spec original Russian buttstock, the new generation SAW type Russian pistol grip, and all the reliability that you expect from this Saiga shotgun with detachable magazine. Unlike aftermarket conversion shotguns, this factory manufactured unit does not have any unnecessary riveted holes on the sides of the receiver and does not compromise the integrity and value of your shotgun. Like our other SGL12 Shotguns, it has the same fit and finish as our SGL21 and 31 series rifles. Components include 922r compliant parts, mil-spec Buttstock, and trigger group."

Edited by DVepr

Per the intro to their 922r parts section (below), they obviously know what the term means. The way I read things, if they say their product "includes 922r compliant parts" they mean it includes US made parts.

"922r Parts

All the high quality US made AK parts for your 922r compliance in one place. We not only give you the parts necessary for you to stay 922r compliant, but also provide you factory authentic, durable, mil-spec products that work and you can be proud of."

They've since taken the SGL12-07 down from the website but the google cache is still alive and well:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:K46-kaaC1aoJ:www.k-var.com/shop/SGL12-07.html+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Saying that it has compliant parts (which I wasn't able to find when I posted this thread....didn't dig into cache). Wonder why they would email you back and say there aren't any US parts on the guns.

Update: Per and email from Fime customer service "There are no US made parts on the SGL12-07 shotgun. All the components are made in Russia by Izhmash."

thats why i bought the dam thing! i want a russian gun !

add parts, but i asked them how it was legal BEFORE i made the purchase. i was amazed that it was legal to do.... so count your blessings instead of being pist! a tapco group is 30 bucks, big deal!

• Like 1
As of this afternoon the listings for the SGL12-07 and SGL12-09 have been removed from the Kvar website. Obviously there was a problem. Now comes the test, how will they handle things from here?

as far as it was explained to me, in middle of jauary, they were imported as non-compliant guns. to stick a 6rd mag in ya have to add U.S. FCG ....

, mil-spec Buttstock, and trigger group."

so that line says to me, trigger group is milspec, not 922r...milspec buttstock, milspec trigger group...

this sounds like buyer beware folks, i dont thikn they did anything wrong...

Edited by filthygovemploye

If there are no US made parts, why list that it "include 922r compliant parts"? Why not say it contains100% Russian content? 922r compliant parts is understood in this community to mean US parts.

• 2 weeks later...