Forearm cutout for side folder front latch

I am finishing up a Saiga 12 front latch install for a Russian polymer side folder. There are some modifications which are required for the forearm. One is a hole for the latch spring and the other is a quarter circle cutout for what I assume is the retaining clip. The first diagram in the attached file shows the hole and cutout dimensions. I am having a tough time visualizing how the retaining clip fits into this cut out. I am also unsure of what depth this cut out needs to be.

My question is: Does anyone have pictures of a forearm / handguard that has this modification or can someone explain the need for the cut out?

post-43684-0-63135900-1361026008_thumb.jpg

Let me add some pictures for clarification. As you can see, I already have the rectangular hole for the latch as well as the pin hole in place. The only cutting / drilling left is in the handguard. The retaining clip goes in through the front side of the receiver and has a small tab which will interfere with the handguard. Am curious why the diagram shows the handguard having a quarter circle cut out versus a simple square notch where the clip is located. One of the pictures has the spring hole and cut out marked in pencil on the handguard.

post-43684-0-94543100-1361049672_thumb.jpg

post-43684-0-00052800-1361049710_thumb.jpg

From this thread: http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/63859-sending-one-of-my-saiga-12s-off-to-be-sexyd-up/page-3

There is this picture:

saiga12handguardend.jpg

Thanks be to KC913 for the info

also, the very top of the diagram is for the handguard, the two lower decriptions are for the receiver cut outs.