Walmart starting to stop selling ammo?

I work second shift and make it by my local SuperWalmart around 12:30 2-3 times a week. Since it is the time I make it, I have gotten to know the cashiers...One, whom her and her stocker boyfriend are shooters. She told me that he goes and looks at what has come in for the sporting goods dept., and sees what calibers they need and when their shift is over at 7am, gets in line early and picks it up. ALONG WITH THEM, are dozens of other folks, LEO also, to get what comes in. Sometimes 9mm, 40, and .45 comes in, sometimes not. It seems to be a game of who is in line first when the ammo gets pushed out (they don't even bother putting it on the shelf, it gets gone too quick). They still get ammo, along with Acadamy (which keeps popular ammo behind the customer service desk) , but it is first come, first served. AND WILL BE AS LONG AS DEMAND KEEPS IT SO! We live in a capitalistic society, and it is a simple case of supply and demand. With gun sales up 800 %+ over the last several months, it just goes to figure that the ammo will run at about the same rate..doesn't it? And those f us who saw this coming stocked up on what we needed and those of us that didn't are scrambling. ( I didn't have as much 9mm as I thought , so I am in the same boat, but am good on other calibers). BUT I have what I need to practice with, and for "social work".

It is tough right now, but demand will drop off eventually, and our ammo will be back on the shelves for more than 1.5 minutes (Lawd, I am Hoping!! )

It's pretty obvious that WalMart is still in the business of selling ammo. They are just faster at selling it than getting it. Walmart would sell most anything it can sell at a profit. I seriously doubt they would start selling ARs right as they are looking for an excuse to quit selling firearm stuff. People see a conspiracy where there is a simple explanation. Last I checked, lots of people who buy ammo shop at walmart.

Went to mine and got 6 boxes of 12g federal bulk hopefully they still have sum tomorrow my saiga loves it

Yeah, mine does too! I pick up a bulkpac everytime they have it on the shelf. Our Wallyworld usually only has one box of the stuff when I swing by there.

Well I hope some of you are right, and some of you are wrong. If Walmart's prices increase, it will be a permanent increase across the industry IMO. If Walmart no longer has the power to influence price and had to cave, there's no going back, at least not for a long time.

The Price Increase on about all of our ammo is 10-20% so far

• 3 weeks later...
We're now in the same boat. Nothing but 20 ga left. The local Fleet Farm is still well stocked for 12 ga.

Same here... I eff'd up and accidentally bought a 100 pack of 20ga with my last 12ga purchase... I don't even know anyone with a 20ga. :(

We're now in the same boat. Nothing but 20 ga left. The local Fleet Farm is still well stocked for 12 ga.

Same here... I eff'd up and accidentally bought a 100 pack of 20ga with my last 12ga purchase... I don't even know anyone with a 20ga. sad.png

Same here.....Anybody got a saiga 20 they want to sell....haha.gif

I've honestly thought about buying a single shot 20ga just to use it up... The ammo was $27 w/tax... How much can a single 20ga cost? $100?

I have had the same thought, saw a bolt action 20 ga at the pawn shop today for $120...If I get the chance I would like to pick up a saiga 20 for the old lady. The 12 is just a little too much for her.

Brand new Rossi (humph) at Gander Moutain is $130.... Even if I don't want the Rossi, I can burn my ammo, lose $30 selling it as a used gun, and break even.

Who am I kidding...? I would never sell a gun...

• Like 1
My wallyworld had 9mm and .45 and .40 today... Got my 3 box ration of 50rd 9mm at .30 a round for Federal FMJ couldn't resist.

No 12 bulk packs.wet_eyes.gif My S12 are hungry!!!!

My Meijer had nothing but over prices "fancy" 12ga rounds NO PISTOL CALIBERS, NO .22LR, and NO 12GA VALUE PACKS...

They also routinely don't carry Tombstone sausage pizza.... I'm about to see about having them order me a case of all of the above.

My wife makes 2 trips to wally world a week, each time she picks me up either 30/30 or 30/06 ammo. I'm pretty well set on every thing else, and even some I don't even shoot. I just recently got my 30/30 out of the back of the safe to play with, and loaded up a few of the brass I have, have also been playing with loading the Hornady 45LC FTX bullets in the 454, they will TEAR UP an 8" pine tree at 50 yards, and the recoil is actually pretty mild. I just can't see cutting the 45LC cases to be able to shoot this bullet out of my pistol, so why not push it out of the rifle. It will mess stuff up. :) But both of our local Wally Worlds have rilfe ammo, just not any .223 or .308, or plain 22LR, but if you stay glued to Midway and get notifications, you can get 22LR at good prices.

My WM has had 12 gauge bulk either Universal or federal pretty regular for the last couple weeks. I always stop on the way to work...I find the crowd tolerable around 6:30..It's always the same person working the register....This morning she said...."You must really like this ammo...you have been stopping in here every morning for last week or so and buying your 3 box limit"....haha.gif