TWS dust cover

Im interested in your experiences with the TWS cover because I was getting ready to purchase one to replace my Ultimak. I, personally, hate the ultimak rail. It doesnt co-wittness with my reddot, and when firing rapidly, I always seem to burn my fingertips on it.

I also purchased a Primary Arms Multi-Reticle and I am stoked with it! I purchased a Blem model for only $69. The dot is not visible on setting 1, but I dont mind. It zeroed easily, and performs like a champ. This is the first ever red dot scope I have purchased, and I am very satisfied.

I just cant help but think I would be more satisfied with the TWS rail and the scope mounted there.

Im interested in your experiences with the TWS cover because I was getting ready to purchase one to replace my Ultimak. I, personally, hate the ultimak rail. It doesnt co-wittness with my reddot, and when firing rapidly, I always seem to burn my fingertips on it.

I also purchased a https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary_Arms_MultiReticle_Red_Dot_Sight_PAM3M_p/pam3m.htm]Primary Arms Multi-Reticle[/url] and I am stoked with it! I purchased a Blem model for only $69. The dot is not visible on setting 1, but I dont mind. It zeroed easily, and performs like a champ. This is the first ever red dot scope I have purchased, and I am very satisfied. ,

I just cant help but think I would be more satisfied with the TWS rail and the scope mounted there.

I can honestly say i think you would be happy with one. I like mine on my 762 that I might buy one for the 5.45 i might be getting.

About the red dot not being visible on setting 1, it's supposed to be like that. It's for when it's pitch black out, like if you woke up at 3AM from someone breaking in. The higher settings are way too bright at night /pitch black and you wouldn't be able to see your target.

ETA: that's how my red dots are anyway

Edited by dubya

When I asked what was blemished about it, they said the dot is not visible on setting 1. I didnt mind.

I almost got the TWS cover last time, but I decided on the Ultimak instead. Its a shame to have spent that much money on a product that wont work for me.

This isnt to say that the Ultimak isnt great, but its not great with the factory handgaurd on my AK.

When I asked what was blemished about it, they said the dot is not visible on setting 1. I didnt mind.

I almost got the TWS cover last time, but I decided on the Ultimak instead. Its a shame to have spent that much money on a product that wont work for me.

This isnt to say that the Ultimak isnt great, but its not great with the factory handgaurd on my AK.

Which Ultimak do you have, the actual handguard or the one that replaces the gas tube? If the latter, id be interested in buying it from you if the price is right.

have you looked at the mako grips? They are pretty solid. And not too pricey.

I haven't seen one yet, I'm pretty happy with the Molot on my 7.62, a Tapco "original" on my future 5.45, and maybe the Mako on a S12? Idk.

Which Ultimak do you have, the actual handguard or the one that replaces the gas tube? If the latter, id be interested in buying it from you if the price is right.

I could be mistaken but I think the ultimak gas tube is close to the same rail height as the tws top cover. If you keep it when you get the tws top cover you may be able to run ar flip up back up sights. Lets us know how close the rail heights are.

I could be mistaken but I think the ultimak gas tube is close to the same rail height as the tws top cover. If you keep it when you get the tws top cover you may be able to run ar flip up back up sights. Lets us know how close the rail heights are.

That's exactly why i want to buy his!

• 1 year later...