Izhmash Saiga .410 History

I do not have the wife;s .410 handy to add to the list. But there are 2 different and non interchangable old style gas systems with hollow floating pistons, neither of wich can shoot 2/4 shells. The newer 12 ga type gas system is the only one that can handle the shorties.

• Like 1

It's been at least 5 yrs or so since I tried putting 2.5" through my old style gun, but if I recall correctly it would cycle them fine it just had a problem with the shorter shells no feeding well. They were getting caught up on the back of the barrel hood I think. The guy who had mine before me had monkeyed around with it some and ground some of the length off it so IDK how it would be otherwise. It does have "3" Magnum" stamped on the receiver but has a pretty large single gas port.

GUYS,

YES, BUT, HAVE YOU ACTUALLY TRIED THE 2 1/2" SPECIFIC MAGS?

I HAVE ONE OF THE NEWER S-410'S, AND IT ABSOLUTELY WOULD NOT FEED 2 1/2"'S UNTIL I GOT THE CORRECT MAGS.

THE FEED LIPS, MEASURED FROM THE BACKSTRAP OF THE MAGS, MEASURE AS FOLLOWS:

3" IZHMASH 10 RND'R: 9/16"

3" SGM 15 RND'R: 3/4"

2 1/2" IZMASH: 1 1/8"

THE 2 1/2" MAGS, BECAUSE OF THEIR LONGER FEED LIPS, FEED THE SHORTER SHELLS AT A FLATTER ANGLE, AND SHOULD CLEAR THE BARREL HOOD.

JESS1344

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My S-.410

Manufacturer Year (Prefix): '07

Importer: RAAC

Import Year: 2007

Gas Plug: 2 setting adjustable

Gas Puck Style: New

Recoil Spring Dust Cover: Yes

Bolt Hold Open: Yes

21.5" barrel also the importer mark for RAAC in in front of the magwell opening and reads:

RUSSIAN AMERICAN

ARMORY CO

SCOTTSBURG, IN

in the usual location on the right rear of the receiver is marked " ROSJAGD" this was a gun originally imported to Germany but got rejected and sent to the US. One other cool thing about this gun is that the last 3 digits of the serial # is 000 so all the parts are stamped "000".

• 1 year later...

So I hate to bring up old business, but I just purchased my first Saiga 410. I've been a S12 owner for a years now, and never really had any interest in getting a 410, but one showed up at work the other day for a good price and I snatched it up. A man passed away and his wife was just trying to unload his collection to help pay for stuff, so on top of getting a good deal, I got to help someone out.

Manufacturer Year (Prefix): '07

Importer: RAAC

Import Year: 2007

Gas Plug: 2 setting adjustable

Gas Puck Style: Probably new but am unsure

Recoil Spring Dust Cover: Yes

Bolt Hold Open: Yes

I've been browsing casually around trying to read up in my free time but I've been pretty busy. The ROSJAGD German rejected import tid bit is pretty interesting, does anyone have anymore info about that?

• 4 weeks later...