Amazon removing gun products from stores

Read the Comments below the article, folks! Amazon was just looking for vendors at the SHOT show last month!

I also just bought several hundred bucks worth of "firearm-related" stuff from them within the last week. The only thing I'm waiting to be shipped is a scope mount that's backordered, the other items are either here now or on the way for Monday. :)

Where there is opportunity to make money, I guarantee someone will fill that void.....that's the beauty of our Capitalist system folks. If amazon is having a self inflicted attack of conscience, the next company will pick up the slack and say thank you! No big deal.

• Like 1

I've read and reread this and I'm not clear on what is newly prohibited. In the link to Amazon the prohibited list seems to be most of the same stuff that has been prohibited on eBay for a long time.

I see listings for pistol grips, barrel shrouds etc.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_left_sib?ie=UTF8&nodeId=200277700

There seems to be some confusion about what has been prohibited in the comments. No items were specified and a screen shot of a book about how to build a pistol was shown.

What items have been prohibited recently?

If you read the comments under the article it seems a lot of readers of this blog are wondering about this too. The blog people say they have some insider knowledge but they can't talk about it....seems they have already.

Edited by Squishy
  • Like 1
Knives, other than the above permitted knives, such as:

Automatic knives

What is an automatic knife? They specifically ban spring-loaded or switchblade knives, so what the hell is it?

Edited by mancat

When I log in to Amazon, I see the same recommendations I always get, lots and lots of weapon accessories, "tac" lights, lasers and such. No obvious change in the recommendations that I get.

Well, other than a listing for the complete Ghost in the Shell anime series on DVD.

Right after buying my Saiga, I go lucky and found a seller on Amazon with 12 Chinese mags for a whopping $40 shipped. He'd pulled the egay "airsoft" trick, and was just wanting to move them. He tossed in an E. German 4 cell gratis.

I now only use Amazon for the wife's Kindle.

Seems to be a whole lot of reactionary hoohah in this thread. The way I'm reading it, not much is changing. Besides that, some things I just wouldn't order from Amazon, anyhow.

I know this is a gun forum and the website that published the article is a gun website but, propaganda much?

A search for quad rail returned 1161 hits, the first several sold directly from Amazon with prime shipping. I also see bump fire stocks still listed and Tapco AK FCGs (also prime shipping).

I'm calling BS on this until I get clear evidence otherwise. Everything looks the same as it ever did to me.

Where there is opportunity to make money, I guarantee someone will fill that void.....that's the beauty of our Capitalist system folks. If amazon is having a self inflicted attack of conscience, the next company will pick up the slack and say thank you! No big deal.

I agree with you 110 percent.

Friday I recieved a concealment holster and several other gun related items(some were even gun parts), no issues! Some folks need to reread and evaluate the situation! When I logged in they still had all the same gun related products as they always have. No they don't deal in guns or ammo...never have as far as I have known..but accessories and reloading items(no not powder and primers) they still do from what I can see!

• Like 1