While we are posting abominations... You can have this "competition" S12 for a mere $3500. The best thing about it is Pauly's parts. Wish I could get the fag to part with them.

http://www.armslist.com/posts/761149/colorado-springs-colorado-shotguns-for-sale--saiga-12---competition-shotgun-

Nothing wrong with the parts list that I could see. So the guy is asking a high price. I don't see anything dishonest in his claims. Maybe you don't like the color?

I'd take the gun at $900 plus a bit for the mags if I were an average buyer and consider it a good deal.

In this market, $900 seems WAY too cheap... Pauly's work alone is $150 plus months of waiting time.

He's shooting for the stars, but $2500 seems 'reasonable' in this market, if the work is sound. Nothing wrong with fishing for someone with more money than sense.

$1200 for the gun with one or two mags would also be in a fair range.

My point is that they guy is not foisting crap off onto an unsuspecting sucker. He is listing a fairly standard conversion with a couple of nice parts, and asking a high price. He is asking the customer to gamble that the gun will be scarce or restricted, while he is gambling that it will not be.

• Like 1
My point is that they guy is not foisting crap off onto an unsuspecting sucker. He is listing a fairly standard conversion with a couple of nice parts, and asking a high price. He is asking the customer to gamble that the gun will be scarce or restricted, while he is gambling that it will not be.

I agree 100% with that position. Seems like it should be a nice gun and he isn't trying to fool anyone.

Wasn't it like 5 weeks ago that an unconverted S-12 with a pistol grip stock and some cheap stuff bolted on to a quad rail sold for something like $4300? Seems like a bargain in contrast.

Well as .223s &.308s are now being sold for $3500 and even more, and he's looking more to trade, looks like an even swap is what is being looked for here. I too think he is one of our members but is just trading in the current market which we unfortunately find ourselves.

It's not mine but, if someone wants mine for $3500 we can do that.big_smile.gif

F'n gouger!

I'll sell mine for a measely 3k.

Nope. $3500! It's the new going rate! I seen it on the interwebz.

Then it must really be worth $3500.

I think he might have a chance to get over 2k for the gun if it weren't so damn ugly. What I found funny as well is what about that gun makes it a competition gun?

It's not mine but, if someone wants mine for $3500 we can do that.:big_smile:

F'n gouger!

I'll sell mine for a measely 3k.

Nope. $3500! It's the new going rate! I seen it on the interwebz.

Then it must really be worth $3500.

I think he might have a chance to get over 2k for the gun if it weren't so damn ugly. What I found funny as well is what about that gun makes it a competition gun?

Why couldn't you use it in a competition?

• Like 1

Appears to be a nice rifle. I scanned over the ad but could not see who built it. You can put a bunch of nice parts into a rifle and totally hack it up. The photo is kinda generic and I can't see if the receiver was filled or if it was a screw job.

Either way, a Tromix is worth 3K to the right guys since they are so far out and really well done. This rifle is far from a tromix.

Oh well, hope he gets lucky and some silly buyer wants it that bad.

What I found funny as well is what about that gun makes it a competition gun?

Over other s12s maybe just the bolt profile that makes it somewhat easier to load, but not as easy as a magwell.

Over tube fed guns, any converted S12 that runs is a competition gun. And there are a few non-converted competition S12s around.

Most of us aren't good enough to really get the advantage of that last 10-30% of refinement that sets a comp gun apart from a nicely done standard S12. I know I would be about equally slow with my plain jane build as I would be with an R&R or JTE build.