I got to thinking the other day. If I could only have just one of my rifles, which would I choose? Id have to go with my Arsenal SGL31. Overall its my favorite rifle I have, with my Vepr 5.45 in second.

I know this is like asking what child is your favorite, but Im curious to see what others may have to say on the matter. What say you?

M92 for me. Sgl21-94 in a close 2nd

y'all are cheat'n! Cap't Hero said rifles, I didnt know we could choose shotguns and conversion kits and all that mess. If thats the case Ill take the Tavor in 5.56 with the 5.45 conversion kit and 9mm kit with EVLBLKWPNZ 8" SBS for my backup. Ok, now I win haha.gif

Edited by AZG

Saiga 12. Not a rifle - but if I had my choice of one gun for many purposes, the Saiga 12 would be my choice.

The Saiga or Vepr .308 would be my second choice. Both awesome guns!

• Like 2

Hard to say, but I think I'd have to go with my saiga conversion 7.62x39. Its very reliable, decently accurate for any defense scenerio I might likely be involved in, cheap ammo for the size, and I can modify to my heart's content. All round a solid performer in the value department, IMHO.

Right now it would be my Galil AR, but in a couple of weeks. . . it will likely be my rare Springfield Armory SAR-4800 in 5.56, after the custom Claro grade A walnut rear stock and grip is completed, and I get her scoped the way I want. kyle.gif

Edited by Gary
  • Like 2

Of the rifles I own....are you sure only one? Ok if so....my converted Saiga 7.62! I have others better suited for different needs, damn this hard for me to say....I love and can really use my Rem 700...and my 10/22 for many things, but they are not do all guns, I guess the Saiga isn't either FUCK ME, I have never wondered this.

If it could be only one, then I guess I got to get my ass in gear and produce my 7.62x39/.223 over/under semi auto. Since I have more of one ammo than the other, and I won't say which, I'll choose that one. But the answer is a toss up in a SHTF situation, it will all depend on how much ammo you have, and what you can scavenge or take by force, if need be, but .308, and larger calibers are always an option. I'd also have to consider what all I have "cans" for, and choose from that, masking the direction of the shot, may just save your life.

That's a hard choice! As much as I love my AK's, I'd have to choose my 9mm AR pistol. It could easily be a rifle with a stamp, and I could pull the mag block to swap it out to a .223/5.56 upper in seconds if need be. Versatility and a blast to shoot!

I appreciate the feedback fellas. I like the diversity in this thread. It is a tough choice. I forgot about my Vepr-12. lol. I guess for me its about how much ammo I have vs. spare parts to keep it running for whatever the scenario may be.

Edited by Captain Hero
  • Like 1

My avatar would be my choice. Looks like some Mad Max shit anyways and would probably get me by in the zombie apolcolypse or fall of social order. 12ga is a very common round and you can stick all sorts of interesting stuff in a shotgun shell too. Gobstoppers! ;)

• Like 2

Barring all government regulations that could come or already exist, believing there will be no problems with ammo supplies or obtaining replacement parts and mags for my one rifle I’d want to go with a:

Select Fire,

Suppressed,

6.5 Grendel.

With my belief the government is going to wipe their ass with the Bill of Rights and parts and ammo are going to get harder to find I’d go with:

A Lever Action

.357 so if I get to keep a pistol I could share ammo