i took Joe Biden's advice and bought a shotgun

I played with one of these IAC Hawk 870 clones at a gun show not lng ago, but then couldn't find any when i went to buy one last month or two. Found a local shop with a stack of'em, the price was up 15% from last time, but you still can't beat it for $240 OTD. Seems solid enough, i dig the rear sight.

IMAG0179.jpg

• Like 3

PCF- true enough. I've got a couple of saiga 12's, but i like to keep them in the safe. If this is next to the bed and someone gets in while i'm not here, whatever.

AA re- elaborate please? Is there a higher than normal capacity option?

Big John, you don't want that mag. Lame dick ramline, looks like it has a 2 part follower, it won't chamber rounds worth shit.

Ah, nothing like a dirty gun bench, gun parts, a new gun, and boxes of new gun crap laying around......

Nice shotty.

Dude, i bought this house in november, completely based on the garage. This is the first time i've had money to spend on a gun. Fuck, really i didn't have tye money to spend, but you have to prioritize. Central heat vs new shotgun ? Fuck it, i live in alabama, it'll be 70 something degrees in a few days.

• Like 2
PCF- true enough. I've got a couple of saiga 12's, but i like to keep them in the safe. If this is next to the bed and someone gets in while i'm not here, whatever.

You can see them here, but you can buy them anywhere, I can get 12 of them in my Remington 1300. http://www.midwayusa.com/product/255579/aguila-minishell-ammunition-12-gauge-1-3-4-5-8-oz-7-1-2-shot-box-of-20

You can see them here, but you can buy them anywhere, I can get 12 of them in my Remington 1300. http://www.midwayusa.com/product/255579/aguila-minishell-ammunition-12-gauge-1-3-4-5-8-oz-7-1-2-shot-box-of-20

Interesting, i'll check those out. Is #7 1/2 pellet bigger or smaller than #9, like in regular buckshot?

#7.5 is birdshot suitable for clay or quail or doves. It is what a lot of people shoot when they buy cheap blasting ammo. It is a poor choice for HD, especially in a load described as low recoil.

For HD this one makes much more sense. http://www.midwayusa.com/product/162922/aguila-minishell-ammunition-12-gauge-1-3-4-4-and-1-buckshot-11-pellets-box-of-20?cm_vc=subv1255579 same thing, but pick the #1 Buck. less pellets but you will need the punch at a lower velocity. -edit: these are a combo load of mixed #1 and #4 Buck at 1200 FPS. - @1325 FPS #4 buck penetrates such that most of the pellets end up in about 13" but a few stop at around 11" #1 buck goes about 2" deeper. Both sizes are a good choice for standard HD loads at the standard 1325fps. In FBI test protocol, #4 was the top performer, but was disqualified for the few pellets that didn't go 12" #1 is a close second and greatly out performed OOB. 1200 FPS is going to translate to much less penetration with either of these. My ideal HD load would be something like 1 oz (22 or 23 0.24"pellets) #4 B @~1400 FPS.

Most people get jams with the stubby shells if they don't work the slide just right. It may have an improved ramp designed to compensate for this though as was commented above. I don't know how to spot the difference. It kind of baffles me that people swear by a pump because it is fool proof reliable and bash guns like S12, then switch to ammo that makes the gun jam if you are excited or running or .... I think I would rather have 6-8 shells that would do the job for sure and work for sure than 10-12 maybe kindas.

Edited by GunFun
  • Like 1

Didn't you buy the house where basically the entire basement is the garage?

I was thinking of buying this house that looked like a hangar with a house attached. Seriously, the garage ceiling was like 40' high. The garage door into the main floor was several flights of stairs. I couldn't figur out what the fuck I would do with THAT much room.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, the Hawk 982 has 5+1 capacity (2.75" shell) in stock form. You can remove the internal ratchet and 2 dimples inside the mag tube and get 6+1. For 7+1, there is a +2 mag extension available.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Those trench gun clones got restricted from import because of the bayonet, right?

They were on a list at one time but I was under the impression that it was the same list that the saiga-12 was "non sporting"

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, i've got a sling i want to put on this shotgun, but i need some studs. The sling already has the swivels on it, i just need the studs. Any suggestion on where to look, all the stuff i'm seeing is for stud/swivel packages, some with new mag end caps also. I don't want to replace the end cap, there's a hole in the factory cap, i've read that it will accept the the 870 studs, and the threaded hole in the stock accepts the threaded stud.