WTS: USGI M40 Gas Mask, complete with accessories

Selling my M40 field protective mask. It's a size medium and perfectly pristine... I doubt you could find a better example especially since they don't allow them on eBay anymore. Comes will everything shown below including the two extra sealed filter canisters, mask carrier, waterproofing bag, 'second skin', and both the clear and tinted lens outserts. Price is $100 plus the shipping method of your choice. I prefer PayPal, but I can make other arrangements. I'll trade for AR/AK/Glock 9mm mags.

img0357x.jpg

That's probably fair - but the alums are going for about 25-30 locally, and the pmags about 50, so I'd rather just sell 'em and buy the mask from you for cash :D

If someone else snags it first, cool!

Gas mask received today in near mint condition. Thanks for the speedy shipping and sweet deal. One question though, what's the folded plastic bag for?

It's the issued waterproofing bag. If you think it might get soaked, you're supposed to put the mask in the bag, and then put it back into the carrier. Getting the mask wet is no biggie... but if you get water into the filter you can consider it ruined.

Thanks for the info. I noticed when I donned the mask that there was a noticeable amount of resistance to breathing. I assume this is normal? The current mask on it is old and expired I know, but does this explain the resistance or are all filters like that? Kinda makes a guy feel claustrophobic.

There shouldn't be all that much resistance, really... but there will be enough that it will take some getting used to. There will be general air restriction since, at best, you are breathing through about a 2 inch hole more or less.

To test whether or not the the filter is the problem, just unscrew it from the mask and try it with no filter. If there is no major difference, its just how the mask normally is. If there is a substantial difference, I would probably switch out the filters.

• Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.