lightest slimmest tri rail

Probably you are looking at the SGM glass filled nylon one. The phoenix looks nicer to me but it looks a little wider. I am pretty sure the lightest aluminum one is Chaos, but those are pretty wide IMO. I'd want an AFG if I got one of those. If you really want light and slim, just use your factory grip and only bolt on rail where you want to mount something.

What do you want to mount on it and how handy are you?

You could consider making a rail for the base and/ or sides of your gas block. Since I choose not to run a vertical grip, a rail on the base of my gas block for light or laser is in the perfect streamlined place.

My Iz108 weighed in at 7.6 lbs with an empty 8 rounder in there before I added the front sight.(+1.5 oz?) I doubt anyone's is significantly lighter than that, and it is very comfortable to me. You could do something similar with the KVAR grip. They also have a chunky looking quad that goes with that. http://www.k-var.com/shop/SG-420.html I like the idea, but it looks needlessly bulky to me. Some quality time with a drill press could make it much more attractive to me.

The same applies to the rail that you linked above. It might be flush with the bottom of the receiver, but it looks heavy and wide.

What do you want to mount on it and how handy are you?

You could consider making a rail for the base and/ or sides of your gas block. Since I choose not to run a vertical grip, a rail on the base of my gas block for light or laser is in the perfect streamlined place.

My Iz108 weighed in at 7.6 lbs with an empty 8 rounder in there before I added the front sight.(+1.5 oz?) I doubt anyone's is significantly lighter than that, and it is very comfortable to me. You could do something similar with the KVAR grip. They also have a chunky looking quad that goes with that. http://www.k-var.com/shop/SG-420.html I like the idea, but it looks needlessly bulky to me. Some quality time with a drill press could make it much more attractive to me.

The same applies to the rail that you linked above. It might be flush with the bottom of the receiver, but it looks heavy and wide.

that is the exact current setup I am running now.. the Kvar and arsenal rail... I cut the rail down a lot but I still find it to be a little too far forward... I an only considering a rail because sometimes the S12 with a drum can be a little tight..

Evl, I've been meaning to look at your link and finally took a minute to do so. You do some killer work bro….

I appreciate the compliment. I coudn't do it without my designer.

On the rails, I like the SGM the best, but the rails on mine were out of spec. +1 on shortening it.