Calling all saiga 12 master conclusion

To all that may have read my previous post calling all saiga 12 masters. This is the conclusion to my steps to creating my custom saiga 12. After a long road of hack jobs after hack jobs. I took advidce from several people on this page. I would like to thank tac 47,Paulie,bob ash, vladtepes,evlblkwpnz,tony rumore an everyone who helped me with my issues.

After a long road of trying to add band aids to my saiga. I made a phone call to get my saiga completed correctly to my personal preference. That phone call went to Tac 47 industries. With the little knowledge I gained from you guys an several others on this awesome form. I went to meet tac 47 with my saiga. I felt I did okay adding stuff I thought would solve my issues, added a light spring kit, auto plug which would not function with the giant hole drilled out which was so big it filled up with plastic chunks from the shotgun wads, but works perfect after the rebuild, shot only AA ammo (thanks tony rumore this worked for me) tried to polish the bolt,receiver everything, almost bought gas pucks, but reading up on the reviews from the form I did not waste my money, took every accerssory I had on it off as mentioned to try to locate problems, read tons of forms on here. All I got was FTF,FTE. Nothing worked.

Tac 47 showed me that it was over gassed. And that the receiver was smashing the back plate which n time would result n a destroyed weapon. That the internals where just installed with pure crap pieces from ace hardware . Which explained why my BHO kept getting stuck up in the hosuing locking my gun in place a few times.

That the holes where the trigger was moved should not be there I covered with a plastic piece designed for pluging these holes (crap). That the gas port was the biggest hole they ever seen n everyone n the shop got a laugh an my hack job. Also the gas system was to long an not shortened for the SBS to run light loads.(which is why I could only run AA ammo n buck shot no cheap bird shot . It was not correctly adjusted to suit my SBS needs. All I did was add bandaid after bandaid. Cliff assured me that they could make my weapon run correctly.

From that moment talking to Cliff n Keith. They had me convinced I was in the right place. I thought about it for a few days and said let's do it. So I left my saiga 12 with them. February 19,2013. I picked it up and was so shocked at the results. I could not stop smiling.

Today I am the happiest guy on the planet. Everything I wanted and ask for was on my gun and in my hands. Chaos Quad rail ,h&k sights, the internals machined n smooth crisp pull, trigger felt great with new FCG. A stop for my saftey so it didnt just fall down past the trigger. It was clean all holes where welded, my barrel threads where cut off an done correctly because Keith informed me they where cross threaded ruining my flash suppresor, nothing about this job looked amerish it looked 100% professional crisp n clean.

I got home and loaded up 3clips in my house of every 12 guage round I had, 00 buck, AA ammo, Remington shurshot no certain order. N ran them flawlessly. I was so excited, it was a huge relief that I now had a weapon i loved I could rely on 100% and is official my favorite weapon ever. Cliff, Keith an the tac 47 industries are truly professionals an take pride in everyone of there custom builds. To me I truly learned the lesson of BUY ONCE CRY ONCE and do your research.

After a long saiga 12 road, it ended in success with TAC 47 saving my gun and the love for the saiga. I would recommend them to anyone who is interested in a custom build. They are not limited to just 12 guage saigas. Several of there builds I looked at had the same custom features of pride in ther products. Also I have a lifetime warranty with my weapon. Not just a 1 yr that is already gone. That's how you back a product. Thanks again Tac 47you truly solved my issues. Thanks so much.

I have attached pics of before an after.

post-32481-0-68813200-1361854151.jpg

Before

post-32481-0-53595800-1361854243_thumb.jpg

After

post-32481-0-27697000-1361854273.jpg

Before

post-32481-0-35484700-1361854336_thumb.jpg

After

post-32481-0-10787100-1361854362.jpg

Giant hole

post-32481-0-85849900-1361854421_thumb.jpg

Tac 47 After

post-32481-0-62205100-1361854475.jpg

Before Spring fell off

post-32481-0-25215800-1361854556_thumb.jpg

After no issues

post-32481-0-36678100-1361854591.jpg

This came out of the hack job

post-32481-0-27103600-1361854646.jpg

Before

I will post more. I have went over my limit.

Edited by Chaos trigger
Ok. I have never seen a Saiga with the rail so I had no clue. Seemed really silly to keep it.

Dolomite

Yea it was crap. I ripped it off after that picture. After reading an doing my research it was the dumbest thing ever and the hack job guy #1 left it for me thinking I would like it.

Something the hack job jerk thought I would like.

Not to be rude, but you didn't hack it up? Who did? I want to stay far away from them!

Fred Patterson. Aka Fred boat He owned A Gun Shop in Katy Texas. Off hwy 6 and clay road. He is out of business now. But I'm sure he is hacking stuff out of his garage. Edited by Chaos trigger

I don't think so. You can have both if they're old enough (C&R) but nothing modern. I don't think i could leave MN to be honest! We have great deer, bear, and now wolf hunting, and even a few elk! Awesome fishing on any lake (you can't drive 5 miles without seeing a lake), ice fishing lol, and i love the winters... can't stand the heat.

• Like 1
I don't think so. You can have both if they're old enough (C&R) but nothing modern. I don't think i could leave MN to be honest! We have great deer, bear, and now wolf hunting, and even a few elk! Awesome fishing on any lake (you can't drive 5 miles without seeing a lake), ice fishing lol, and i love the winters... can't stand the heat.

That does sound nice. I would stay also haha

you should really seperate that huge block of text up... i gave up trying to read what you typed.
I got you taking care of. Thanks. Does make it easier to read.

I shot er first.... I am glad you like it. Thank you for your patience, its sad what some people sell people. Good Looking SBS Now.
Love it. At least I get to shoot it daily. Haha thanks
  • 3 months later...

I know this is an old post, but the same hack did my s12. I am going to have to contact tac47 and see if they can sort my issues too. Glad to see that I was not the only one that got screwed over with Freds lousy hack job.

Is Fred located near Tomball?

Jet.. You go shoot lately? I might be shooting Saturday evening at a buddies.. MAAYYBEE.. Ill give ya a ring a dinga ling!

Just depends on what time I get done, but if I go shoot ill def give you a call bud!

• Like 1

Jet.. You go shoot lately? I might be shooting Saturday evening at a buddies.. MAAYYBEE.. Ill give ya a ring a dinga ling!

Just depends on what time I get done, but if I go shoot ill def give you a call bud!

Not much time lately with the two house & "M" thing.

Saturday sound great.

I know this is an old post, but the same hack did my s12. I am going to have to contact tac47 and see if they can sort my issues too. Glad to see that I was not the only one that got screwed over with Freds lousy hack job.

Is Fred located near Tomball?

He was near Tomball and then I heard he went up to DFW area for a while too. Unfortunately I am not too close to Tac, but I may have to make a day trip down.