$300 NRA Lifetime membership deal is on again...

And it appears that no "sponsorship" from another life member is necessary?
Nope, they just signed me right up.

"Thank you for renewing your NRA Membership. We appreciate your common interest in protecting and preserving our Second Amendment rights and promoting safe, responsible gun ownership.

"Your credit card will be billed for $300.00* for a Life Membership in the National Rifle Association with "American Rifleman" as your magazine choice."

Isn't it sort of counter-productive to the overall big picture to look for discounts when joining the NRA? I mean since it is the financial contributions that fuel what the NRA can do to benefit us. I don't really care one way or another and I'm not criticizing, it's just an observation.

Edited by DogMan

In the NRA's perspective, I think the bigger picture is swelling the membership numbers. That's probably why they're putting the carrot out. If you're a lifetime member, you're in it for life. Even that royal douche bag Michael Moore is an NRA life member! Bet he would take it back if he could! :) Plus, if it gets a $35/yr member to pony up another $265, that's still $265 ahead.

In my perspective, I would rather pay off any "bill" as soon as possible. I can always donate more money whenever I like. Truth be told, I would probably donate money to the ILA side or maybe spread it around to some other orgs.

Isn't it sort of counter-productive to the overall big picture to look for discounts when joining the NRA? I mean since it is the financial contributions that fuel what the NRA can do to benefit us. I don't really care one way or another and I'm not criticizing, it's just an observation.

In addition to Max..'s statement, I'd note that even lifers continue giving. So they havent "lost" anything if they bring in a few lifers.