Original Style Izhmash Saiga-12 Flash Hider

I am looking for a copy of the original Izhmash Saiga-12 Flash HIder. My intent was to go with MD Arms as he markets his as being an original copy but I haven't found any available (*not entirely true). I have also come across similar styles made by Dinzag and another by Bonesteel although neither markets them as being original.

My question is who other than MD Arms makes a Izhmash Birdcage clone for the S-12 that's pretty much down to spec? My intent is not to debate the effectiveness. I understand it's purely cosmetic.

* I have found a dealer who has (4) MD Arms Flash Hiders. He's out of Moore, Oklahoma. Unfortunately, he'd rather sit on them then ship two to me. Anyone in that area who's interested in his information can send me a PM regardless if your willing to help me out or not.

post-35052-0-18253800-1361912762.jpg

I actually lucked in to getting one from MD around January. It looks nice, and fits well. Only gripe is that it looks gray and not the same black as the finish on my saiga. I don't know if thats how the Izzy ones are or not, but I'm over it, now I like the difference in color. Glad to see you found some, OP.

Edited by Barrage
I had a DPH and sold it after I picked up a MD Arms. There was some talk that the DPH was breaking when using heavy loads.The MD Arms seems to be a much more solid, nicer product.

I remember that thread. I had the MD unit, which looked great and I have never seen anyone complain about one breaking. I say wait for the MD.

I had a DPH and sold it after I picked up a MD Arms. There was some talk that the DPH was breaking when using heavy loads.The MD Arms seems to be a much more solid, nicer product.

I remember that thread. I had the MD unit, which looked great and I have never seen anyone complain about one breaking. I say wait for the MD.

That was my thought as well after I read that some have been reported to break. If I can't find a supplier maybe I'll go with the short version or not at all for now. Would use it more for 922r which I would only need one if I have a smith install the AK 100 (SVD) folding stock. Like I said to AZG, "That comes after I take out a 2nd mortgage to finance the project."

Thanks for the input gentlemen.