I have been hunting around for my next gun. I thought it would be the springfield armory .308 M1. since everyone has gone crazy these aren't even available, and at 1800-2000 if they are. I found a site that has .308 vepr supers in stock. they look nice with the thumbhole stock and the full wood. Is 1219 an ok price? pre craze i see people talking 1100 so it doesn't seem that bad. Looking around the site i see that people say scope mounting is tough on these, or better said the scopes are high. any advice? also the one im looking at says nothing about the side claw mount. does it come with that typically? last how about accuracy of the veprs and the super. i think 400 yards is within my ability what kind of groups should i expect?

The ones from centerfire have a crappy welded on scope mount that's too high and too far left, so the standard ak scope mount it comes with is way too far left and too high. I am pretty sure the Kvar version is set up to take the Beryl style rail that Kalinka sells. If I were doing it again, I'd buy the Kvar version and get a mount from Kalinka. I got the one from center fire and I'm probably going to have to get an sks mount from Kalinka, then mod it to get it to have the scope in a decent position.

this is the most elegant solution for a nice cheek weld. im getting closer to buying this gun. anyone know how to make it not damage the spent brass. I'm wanting to reload the brass but ive heard these vepr's murder the brass.

post-36959-0-13176000-1362291329_thumb.jpg

both of my super veprs dont murder the brass, sometimes there will be a slight ding on the side of the case, but it doesnt affect reloading in any way. i reload for my super. also if yours dings the brass way too much, there is a fix, look up youtube video of saiga 308 ejector adjustment, the video explains how the ejection process works and what to do to fix it. my supers dont dent the brass hardly ever so i didnt bother.

good to know zag. im still torn on getting a super .308 or going with something in a different caliber. .308 is very pricey right now. I can reload at my brothers house but he doesnt have .308 so i have to invest in the dies also.