Dont forget the loctite !!

as new member to the world of saiga12's " great world it is i must say..... come from drag racing world and use loctite like water on all my parts on my race car that i dont want to come off.

dont forget the locktite on any part of the gun Red for what you never want to come off without heat. Blue what needs to be removed at some point. and let dry for at least 24 hrs. most people dont let it dry and start firing the gun and parts start falling off.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

I am in process of converting my Saiga 12. I see where Loctite blue is mentioned. I have a product I used when I worked at GE testing jet engines, it's called VibraTite. I am planning to use this on the screws. I never once saw Vibratite fail when I used it at work. Is this a bad idea?

No, that is similar to the green thread locker used on sight mount bases.  It never really hardens to a solid, but will still come apart easily without damaging the screws.  Good stuff!!

Gotta be careful with the red thread lockers, some are medium strength and some take a torch to heat up and remove and will damage the finish. 

Stick with blue on aluminum and small screws that you don't want to damage.

Just clean both surfaces.  All about the preparation. 

Jack

On things I never want to move again, (Scope bases, sling swivels, 922r muzzle devices) I use GRAY Loctite....

AKA - JB Weld

I have a Chinese BWK-92 with a flash suppressor so affixed because the ChiComs turned the threads off of the muzzle to get it importable.  It has been on since 1993 and through several thousand rounds without a hint of movement.  The trick is to use fresh stuff.

Macbeau sends...

Edited by macbeau