Looks like it may be raining Pmags here soon. Kudos to Magpul for giving the state the big fuck you before they are forced to move. This makes the idea of a high cap ban even more ridiculous. There's more Pmags in Co RIGHT NOW than they could ever keep track of. Now, thanks to the awesome effort of Magpul, if every Tom Dick and Harry have 10 or more, I have to ask my government, what's the fucking point? I love the idea of arms manufacturers flooding all effected states before any stupid laws are enacted.

Here's Magpul's facebook statement:

We are proud to announce that within a matter of days we will be going live with a new program. Due to a bill currently moving through the Colorado legislature, there is the possibility that Colorado residents' ability to purchase standard capacity magazines will soon be infringed. Before that happens, and Magpul is forced to leave the state in order to keep to our principles, we will be doing our best to get standard capacity PMAGs into the hands of any Colorado resident that wants them.

Verified Colorado residents will be able to purchase up to ten (10) standard capacity AR/M4 magazines directly from Magpul, and will be given immediate flat-rate $5 shipping, bypassing our current order queue.

Our customers outside of Colorado, please know that our PMAG production will continue at an ever-increasing rate until we do relocate, shipments to our distributors in other states will continue, and that we do not expect relocation to significantly impact PMAG production. We are also aware that Colorado is not the only state with existing or pending magazine capacity restrictions; we are working on programs for other affected states as well.

Full details and instructions will be announced when we are able to go live; please watch here for the coming announcement.

• Like 7

Awesome job, Magpul! I wish your BUIS weren't plastic, I'd buy two right now and screw everyone else, just for doing this! I too am in line for PMags, but what is more important is that we screw our politicians who stand against us. I do not matter myself, it is the greater community and rights of ours that matter.

God knows that those same politicians are already working on screwing us, and will do so again and again if they can, so I personally urge all manufacturers follow suit with Magpul. Great leadership Magpul! I am behind you!

• Like 1

Magpul is a great company, and makes some of the best AR stuff out there, IMHO. My AR's are pretty much Magpul from stock to handguard, and I applaud the way they are handling this situation in CO. I sincerely hope they do not have to move, which would mean the bill fails to pass the CO Senate. Leglislation like this passing in a state like CO would be seen as a huge victory for the Obama Admininstration, given the fact that VP Biden is heavily involved in this state matter.

Nice gesture for sure. But now I'm waiting even longer for my PMAGs on order...I guess the logic is that I will be able to get them after they're banned in Co. and I get it.

Agreed, but if there is a FED ban then we're all equally screwed.

My PMAGS have been on back order since New Year's Day... :(

Gotta love them for doing SOMETHING to give the government the finger though. I'll roll the dice with getting my mags just because of that!

Thank all of you for being understanding and seeing the greater good. I am working on helping a friend get some as I have a decent stash right now. I would certainly be willing to help folks out if I could, but don't want to screw Magpul by trying to get more than my share, nor do I want to screw you guys that have been waiting for your backorders.

I'm writing all my peckerheads, aka government officials, sending them the memo put out by Magpul, asking them what the point of any of the proposed laws are now that just about every gun owner in CO own more high cap mags that they ever would have had they not stirred the hornets nest.

Thanks again for supporting something that puts your own need a bit further behind.

• Like 1
shes a libtard... she will never go for it.

Tell her you want to destroy them, or disable them and glue them to a board in the shape of a peace sign.

No wait, she's your sister so she knows how you roll....nevermind.

This is interesting, not sure what to make of it;

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/02/daniel-zimmerman/magpul-breaks-bad-continues-sales-to-ban-state-leos/#more-205717

Tell her you want to destroy them, or disable them and glue them to a board in the shape of a peace sign.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/02/daniel-zimmerman/magpul-breaks-bad-continues-sales-to-ban-state-leos/#more-205717

I saw a thread somewhere in which a LEO made a pretty good point. Bottom line was that he was only able to use his duty weapon while on duty. He had to use his own weapon for personal defense off duty. When faced with bad guys looking to get even with them "after hours" he questioned his right not to own the same things we do. I agree with this. Taking these tools away from LEO's (especially off duty) will not further our cause IMO. They are people with families that need to be armed more than the average person. Just my $.02

time to call my sister in Denver and have her place an order... 000.gif

Too bad Denver already has a 20 round mag limit. Most don't follow it though.

I will look at getting an order of these since I can't find a Mosin for under $200.

Is this a "city" law? I've never heard of this.

If this were actually law, it just affirms the point that the Gov. doesn't even enforce current laws. To add more is retarded.

time to call my sister in Denver and have her place an order... 000.gif

Too bad Denver already has a 20 round mag limit. Most don't follow it though.

I will look at getting an order of these since I can't find a Mosin for under $200.

Is this a "city" law? I've never heard of this.

If this were actually law, it just affirms the point that the Gov. doesn't even enforce current laws. To add more is retarded.

I read on OCDO that Denver police officials threatened to arrest anyone carrying a handgun with more then 10 or 15 round magazines, I don't remember them stating under what city ordinance (if any) that authorized that BS.

I saw a thread somewhere in which a LEO made a pretty good point. Bottom line was that he was only able to use his duty weapon while on duty. He had to use his own weapon for personal defense off duty. When faced with bad guys looking to get even with them "after hours" he questioned his right not to own the same things we do. I agree with this. Taking these tools away from LEO's (especially off duty) will not further our cause IMO. They are people with families that need to be armed more than the average person. Just my $.02

Why would an off duty LEO that is targeted be any more valuable than my family if it were targeted? Let him/her in their off duty capacity be what they are - a citizen who is not at work and off the clock.

• Like 1

Agreed. Luckily we are able to carry our own AR's at work, and we must supply all of our own mags. They supply the ammo. If we can't get our own mags, then we don't get to carry AR at work. I am not in a ban state, so no problem for me to get them outside of work, just supply is the only issue. We have several guys with new AR's that do not have the required 5 mags to carry with it on duty. Magpul has been very helpful in getting these guys the mags they need to carry weapon on duty. I know it has ruffled some feathers, especially on ARFCOM, but there really is a legitimate reason for doing this. There is no discounted price or anything like that, just provides availability for an otherwise unavailable product.

I know you are saying that the probability that the LEO will become a target is greater than that for Joe Schmo who is not in the face of the criminal elements of our society on a daily basis, but I completely disagree with the analysis that they need to be armed more. As soon as the first crazed lunatic or criminal with an appetite for something you have comes to get it, you have just as much a need as any cop, and likely more, because the LEOs are better trained to deal with these people.

I personally feel they should get equal treatment as every other Tom Dick and Harry. They shouldn't be treated any different. As soon as we treat them different, we are saying we worth less in certain circumstances. I think I am close to another rant, so I will stop here.

• Like 1