time to call my sister in Denver and have her place an order... :smoke:

Too bad Denver already has a 20 round mag limit. Most don't follow it though.

I will look at getting an order of these since I can't find a Mosin for under $200.

Is this a "city" law? I've never heard of this.

If this were actually law, it just affirms the point that the Gov. doesn't even enforce current laws. To add more is retarded.

Its a not so famous city law. It's not that it's not enforced but they can't get anyone with it unless they actually live in Denver and very few online sites say they won't ship to Denver.

time to call my sister in Denver and have her place an order... 000.gif

Hmmm, a straw purchase....hmmmm

straw purchase refers to felons intenionally propositioing a non felon to buy a GUN, not mags...

i ran some numbers by a libtard today... i asked him how many bullets it took for a cop to actually hit a target, during a shooting, on average. he said 1. as you guys probaly already know, it takes 7. so, in a 14 rd mag, that means 2 hits. i then asked him how many hits should we say it will take to drop a bad guy. he says 7. so, i tell him, by his math, we need to have 49 rd mags, that means magpul needs to UP their capacity by 19, not decrease it!!!

from magpul fb:

February 22.According to numbers quoted by the The Denver Post, Magpul's departure would hurt the state economy worst than the Sequester. We would love for Bob Schieffer to ask John W. Hickenlooper about it on Face The Nation this Sunday. Thanks for the story Colorado Peak Politics http://blogs.denverpost.com/thespot/2013/02/21/gov-hickenlooper-to-appear-on-face-the-nation

on topic, yes, i applaud the shit outta magpul! anyone have stats on co gdp or whatever, 65 million and 800 jobs kinda seems like a drop in hte bucket, to me.

Edited by filthygovemploye

time to call my sister in Denver and have her place an order... 000.gif

Hmmm, a straw purchase....hmmmm

straw purchase refers to felons intenionally propositioing a non felon to buy a GUN, not mags...

It was a joke. I don't like using emoticons that much but sometimes they do assist understanding. I think he got it though judging by the response.

Guess some of you guys missed out on the other half of Magpul's stance. They will continue to sell to ban state LEO agencies, and are catching a lot of crap for it.

http://gunssavelives.net/blog/magpul-will-continue-to-sell-to-law-enforcement-in-states-with-magazine-limits-in-fact-will-sell-to-them-faster

This is what the link in post #21 pointed to on TTAG.

shes a libtard... she will never go for it.

Tell her you want to destroy them, or disable them and glue them to a board in the shape of a peace sign.

No wait, she's your sister so she knows how you roll....nevermind.

This is interesting, not sure what to make of it;

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/02/daniel-zimmerman/magpul-breaks-bad-continues-sales-to-ban-state-leos/#more-205717

I saw a thread somewhere in which a LEO made a pretty good point. Bottom line was that he was only able to use his duty weapon while on duty. He had to use his own weapon for personal defense off duty. When faced with bad guys looking to get even with them "after hours" he questioned his right not to own the same things we do. I agree with this. Taking these tools away from LEO's (especially off duty) will not further our cause IMO. They are people with families that need to be armed more than the average person. Just my $.02

I disagree. Their families and lives are not magically worth more than my family or life. If they feel that their line of work puts them in the limelight with criminals, and makes them a more of a target, then they can get out of that line of work. It's a choice. They weren't forced into it.

That may come off as sounding cold, but it's really not.

Magpul made this statement on facebook today.

REGARDING LEO SALES
March 1st, 2013

Back in 1990, when I was deployed in Desert Shield and Desert Storm as a Marine grunt, some companies prioritized me items for my M16 for shipping that I purchased with my own funds. After getting out and forming Magpul in 1999, I established the same priority policy for Military and Law Enforcement, due to the requirements of their profession.

The same policy has been in place for 13 years now and has never been an issue until a few days ago. I do not support the idea that individual police officers should be punished for the actions of their elected officials. That said, I understand the concerns that some have with Law Enforcement officers getting special treatment while at the same time denouncing second amendment rights to another citizen in the same state.

With the fight in Colorado right now we do not have time to implement a new program, so I have suspended all LE sales to ban states until we can implement a system wherein any Law Enforcement Officer buying for duty use will have to promise to uphold their oath to the US Constitution - specifically the second and fourteenth amendments - as it applies to all citizens.

Richard Fitzpatrick
President/CEO - Founder
Magpul Industries
  • Like 1

Tell her you want to destroy them, or disable them and glue them to a board in the shape of a peace sign.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/02/daniel-zimmerman/magpul-breaks-bad-continues-sales-to-ban-state-leos/#more-205717

I saw a thread somewhere in which a LEO made a pretty good point. Bottom line was that he was only able to use his duty weapon while on duty. He had to use his own weapon for personal defense off duty. When faced with bad guys looking to get even with them "after hours" he questioned his right not to own the same things we do. I agree with this. Taking these tools away from LEO's (especially off duty) will not further our cause IMO. They are people with families that need to be armed more than the average person. Just my $.02

I disagree. Their families and lives are not magically worth more than my family or life. If they feel that their line of work puts them in the limelight with criminals, and makes them a more of a target, then they can get out of that line of work. It's a choice. They weren't forced into it.

I never said their lives were worth more than anyone else's. They simply have more people that may be looking to do them harm than the average Joe. Just as everyone says, they are public servants and basically nobody off duty so why on earth can't they be armed like the rest of us?

I never said their lives were worth more than anyone else's. They simply have more people that may be looking to do them harm than the average Joe. Just as everyone says, they are public servants and basically nobody off duty so why on earth can't they be armed like the rest of us?

Because that's not what you said in the post I was replying to. You said they need to be more armed than everyone else, and that, I disagree with.

Because that's not what you said in the post I was replying to. You said they need to be more armed than everyone else, and that, I disagree with.

I didn't mean more armed. Sorry... I just don't think it's cool to take arms away from them becuase they work for assholes. If that were the case, I wouldn't be able to buy a single bullethaha.gif

Magpul made this statement on facebook today.

REGARDING LEO SALES

March 1st, 2013

Back in 1990, when I was deployed in Desert Shield and Desert Storm as a Marine grunt, some companies prioritized me items for my M16 for shipping that I purchased with my own funds. After getting out and forming Magpul in 1999, I established the same priority policy for Military and Law Enforcement, due to the requirements of their profession.

The same policy has been in place for 13 years now and has never been an issue until a few days ago. I do not support the idea that individual police officers should be punished for the actions of their elected officials. That said, I understand the concerns that some have with Law Enforcement officers getting special treatment while at the same time denouncing second amendment rights to another citizen in the same state.

With the fight in Colorado right now we do not have time to implement a new program, so I have suspended all LE sales to ban states until we can implement a system wherein any Law Enforcement Officer buying for duty use will have to promise to uphold their oath to the US Constitution - specifically the second and fourteenth amendments - as it applies to all citizens.

Richard Fitzpatrick

President/CEO - Founder

Magpul Industries

I read quite a few of the responses regarding Magpul still selling to LEO. They got their asses handed to them hard core. I was actually kinda shocked at how brutal people were. I think Magpul's heart has always been in the right place. This is a very tough time for them, so I suspect it's hard to cover every base and keep everyone happy. Hopefully Colorado will come to their senses and all will be for naught.

I didn't mean more armed. Sorry... I just don't think it's cool to take arms away from them becuase they work for assholes. If that were the case, I wouldn't be able to buy a single bullethaha.gif

And I've been told all my life "fuck with the bull and you'll get horned".......TFB

Looks like it may be raining Pmags here soon. Kudos to Magpul for giving the state the big fuck you before they are forced to move. This makes the idea of a high cap ban even more ridiculous. There's more Pmags in Co RIGHT NOW than they could ever keep track of. Now, thanks to the awesome effort of Magpul, if every Tom Dick and Harry have 10 or more, I have to ask my government, what's the fucking point? I love the idea of arms manufacturers flooding all effected states before any stupid laws are enacted.

Here's Magpul's facebook statement:

We are proud to announce that within a matter of days we will be going live with a new program. Due to a bill currently moving through the Colorado legislature, there is the possibility that Colorado residents' ability to purchase standard capacity magazines will soon be infringed. Before that happens, and Magpul is forced to leave the state in order to keep to our principles, we will be doing our best to get standard capacity PMAGs into the hands of any Colorado resident that wants them.

Verified Colorado residents will be able to purchase up to ten (10) standard capacity AR/M4 magazines directly from Magpul, and will be given immediate flat-rate $5 shipping, bypassing our current order queue.

Our customers outside of Colorado, please know that our PMAG production will continue at an ever-increasing rate until we do relocate, shipments to our distributors in other states will continue, and that we do not expect relocation to significantly impact PMAG production. We are also aware that Colorado is not the only state with existing or pending magazine capacity restrictions; we are working on programs for other affected states as well.

Full details and instructions will be announced when we are able to go live; please watch here for the coming announcement.

Please do not take this wrong but I think it is a brilliant way of dumping all their inventory so they do not have to move it.

Great Deal but I think it is about moving expenses, other wise why not run this deal all the time?

They are a great buisness but they are in it for the money like everyone else.

Just think of all that money that will be leaving CO.

Oh I forgot! They have the dope farms now! Also they want to get rid of pump shotguns also (no lie).

But they can be resold as bongs if you know what I mean

I understand what Magpul is saying, but it's some of those "individual officers" who will be going out under orders of their police chiefs to murder innocent Americans in an attempt to unlawfully seize their firearms. It's not the police department building that will do it, it's the officers themselves that will carry out the crimes. So as long as they are part of the corrupt system that plans to destroy America and are in a state that unlawfully denies the rights of Americans in that state, then they must deal with it in their professional lives.

They are still free to try to buy something like any other private citizen with their own money off duty, but should get no special treatment. That's what happens when you work for a government committing treason, all the good people are on the other side. Hopefully the honorable officers will remember that and do the right thing when it comes time for them to arrest their fellow officers who have turned traitor that are planning to take part in attacks on Americans in their homes to murder them and seize their weapons.