How Bout' We Shut Down Armslist Gougers!

I agree with the OP it has to start some where, these prices are just ridiculous. I understand supply and demand but to buy and resale at 3, 4, 5 times the price is utter price gouging, there are laws to protect us from this. Let this get out of hand then we have no laws. Do you want the prices for one cartridge or 223/5.56 to stay over 50 cents or a even a dollar a round? Yes I have seen it being sold at a dollar a round and it wasn't just a few times. Even surplus ammo is going up or doubled. Most people who are buying all these up and reselling these are just price gougers, "stealing" from the others, which they are the ones to blame. And you can spot them because they are the ones with cash in their hand saying its all supply and demand. I have seen nothing special SKSs and ARs being sold in stores and on local forums from 2 to 3 thousand dollars. Bone stock Saigas in 223/5.56 and 5.45 a 1000 dollars. 1000 rounds of 5.56 steel cased ammo for 800 dollars. 1000 rounds of 7.62x39 steel cased ammo 600 dollars....all this is not supply and demand its just buy and use a situation to "rob" from people. Granted it didn't help matters when customers went frantic buying everything up, but most of those people who were going frantic buying everything are the ones selling now.Trying to hold you hostage and get you to pay gouged prices. Stores see what's going and they want to cash in on it also. I have a notion that they will come back down around spring but we will see - you never know. 75/85 dollars for a pack of 22lr or over 50 cents for one 223/5.56 cartridge, come on now. I thought we, the firearm community, were a good community that would help each other, but all I'm seeing now is that there are thieves amongst us preying on others.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It amazes me how people who "love freedom" are so willing to impose their standards on others. By force if necessary.   "Oooh, I don't like people charging high prices for their own stuff! Let's h

Wow! Yer not a very nice person. While it's true that I breathe out of my mouth, I've found that I breathe out of my nose as well.   So if I don't agree with you and use the overpriced button tha

I didn't used to either. Then last Friday I went to Sportsmans warehouse. The line in the gun section was ridiculous as the truck had just shown up. I later called to see if there was any 223/5.56

It amazes me how people who "love freedom" are so willing to impose their standards on others. By force if necessary.

"Oooh, I don't like people charging high prices for their own stuff! Let's harass them and make them stop! That way I can buy their stuff for the price I want."

You sure don't like the libs telling you what kind of guns you can own.

Those that like other people to stay out of their business should learn to mind their own business.

Isn't this what we are doing to our government to make them stop? People keep telling me to endlessly write and call till they stop proposed bans. Should I stop now so that I stay out of their business?

Selling your goods for whatever price you want is great. When you buy more than you could need in a lifetime and cock blocks me into a position where I can't even get any to protect MY family, I will do what I can to put a stop to it. I am only one person on armslist. Only one person that will flag garbage. If other likeminded people do the same, then isn't that a "popular vote"?

Not hard to spot a gouger in these parts.

• Like 1
It amazes me how people who "love freedom" are so willing to impose their standards on others. By force if necessary.

"Oooh, I don't like people charging high prices for their own stuff! Let's harass them and make them stop! That way I can buy their stuff for the price I want."

Those that like other people to stay out of their business should learn to mind their own business.

Isn't this what we are doing to our government to make them stop? People keep telling me to endlessly write and call till they stop proposed bans. Should I stop now so that I stay out of their business?

Selling your goods for whatever price you want is great. When you buy more than you could need in a lifetime and cock blocks me into a position where I can't even get any to protect MY family, I will do what I can to put a stop to it. I am only one person on armslist. Only one person that will flag garbage. If other likeminded people do the same, then isn't that a "popular vote"?

That is a terrible example. Our government works for US(or they're supposed to) and are subject to our will, they are supposed to do what we want them to do.

The guy down the street buying up all the ammo to resell it does NOT work for you and is not subject to your will or what you want.

Also it doesn't matter how many people dislike it, he is still free to do as he pleases. The whole point of individual liberty is the majorities wants do not restrict the RIGHTS of the few!

Its sad to see something like this from a gun owner who obviously doesn't understand the whole concept of FREEDOM. If most people think you shouldn't be able to have your AK doesn't that mean you shouldn't by your logic??

I agree with the sentiment and it pisses me off that there are assholes buying up everthing for the sole purpose of reselling and they are just that, ASSHOLES. However this is America and we have a free market where those ASSHOLES are free to do just that. The market will level out and prices will come down. Its just gonna take a while.

People are so about freedom until it comes to something THEY DONT LIKE then all of a sudden its "We need to do something to stop this"

I heavily posted Magpul's memo on Armslist and encouraged several others to do the same to shut down the $50 per mag bullshit. A few of us are getting together and flagging overpriced mags and we're gonna start on ammo next.

I encourage all of you guys and get your buddies as well. Post Magpuls statement, flag pmags over say $25. Flag any .223/5.56 over 50 cents a round. We can make this shit stop and it only continues if people keep paying almost a dollar a round.

It doesn't take much to get the ball rolling. I've got a good start here. Pmag gougers are hurting here and it's only been one day.

We can do this guys...

I have a much better suggestion, don't like the price don't buy it, no one is forcing anybody to buy things.

if someone is willing to pay 50 bucks, 60 bucks for a mag, why does that concern you? it's

not your money they are buying with.

is your life so perfect that you zero problem in your life, that you have the time and energy to make a cardboard badge and write "price police" on it to save people from themselves?

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

That is a terrible example. Our government works for US(or they're supposed to) and are subject to our will, they are supposed to do what we want them to do.

The guy down the street buying up all the ammo to resell it does NOT work for you and is not subject to your will or what you want.

Also it doesn't matter how many people dislike it, he is still free to do as he pleases. The whole point of individual liberty is the majorities wants do not restrict the RIGHTS of the few!

Its sad to see something like this from a gun owner who obviously doesn't understand the whole concept of FREEDOM. If most people think you shouldn't be able to have your AK doesn't that mean you shouldn't by your logic??

I agree with the sentiment and it pisses me off that there are assholes buying up everthing for the sole purpose of reselling and they are just that, ASSHOLES. However this is America and we have a free market where those ASSHOLES are free to do just that. The market will level out and prices will come down. Its just gonna take a while.

People are so about freedom until it comes to something THEY DONT LIKE then all of a sudden its "We need to do something to stop this"

The gougers have taken away my freedom. Now it's time for me to return the favor.

You accuse me of screwing over this "gun brotherhood"... I take great offense to that. You have no fucking clue the things I've done to help out total strangers due to a gun brotherhood that I actually believe in. Due to your anger with me, I suspect that you are a gouger yourself and are missing the point of what I'm trying to do as it would cause distress to your new business.

All that said...

Let me explain it one more time. I don't care what you want to sell your stuff for. If you find and idiot to buy it then that's awesome for you and no harm done as long as both parties agree. When you take it all, you take away my freedom. If you don't get that then maybe this thread wasn't meant for you.

What I have seen work is people of Co flooding armslist with magpuls statement and now mags have all but fallen off the planet here in comparison to even a few days ago. The pmag market is now shit and I love it.

The same can be done with ammo. Contrary to what you think, this can be fixed. Just like we've done here. Find it in stock at a good price, get what you need then post up. Or... Flag the "assholes" until they get the point that we're done with it.

I heavily posted Magpul's memo on Armslist and encouraged several others to do the same to shut down the $50 per mag bullshit. A few of us are getting together and flagging overpriced mags and we're gonna start on ammo next.

I encourage all of you guys and get your buddies as well. Post Magpuls statement, flag pmags over say $25. Flag any .223/5.56 over 50 cents a round. We can make this shit stop and it only continues if people keep paying almost a dollar a round.

It doesn't take much to get the ball rolling. I've got a good start here. Pmag gougers are hurting here and it's only been one day.

We can do this guys...

I have a much better suggestion, don't like the price don't buy it. if someone is willing to pay 50 bucks, 60 bucks for a mag, why does that concern you? is it like you have zero problem in your life that you have to make a cardboard badge and write "price police" on it to save dumb people from themselves?

Be part of the problem, or part of the solution. I'll take the latter.

You sit back and relax bro... I'll do the hard work.

The gougers have taken away my freedom. Now it's time for me to return the favor.

Taken away what freedom??

Your freedom to buy cheap and plentiful ammo and mags?

I unlike most here have NO stockpiles and NO ammo to speak of. Trust me this shit is harder on me than most b/c Im poor as hell and couldnt afford to stock up, now I cant afford to shoot. I assure you I have nothing to sell. I wish I did.

Also I didnt acuse you of anything other than not having a very clear understanding of freedom and how it works.

I stand by that statement.

You are correct this retarded thread is not for me, carry on trying to restrict other peoples freedom b/c you dont like what theyre doing.

Edited by big-J
Bashing a person's for sale thread is complete BS. Dude could ask 10k for it and it hurts nobody. Even if someone pays 10k. As long as buy/seller both agree, then there is no harm done. To the OP, you should be able to hit the report post button and get all this crap removed from your thread.

Pretty funny that you wrote this statement in the classifieds section here not to long ago^^^ guess your principles have changed from a month or so ago. you a politician by chance? http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/83243-wts-nib-molot-vepr-12/

If you can't afford a buck a round to protect your family, you have bigger problems. What a lame ass excuse from someone shooting a thousand dollar shotgun.... I saw your copy and paste on Armslist of the Magpul Facebook page. Nice of you to impose your feelings into a situation where they don't belong. It is my money invested into all the ammo I can find, and my money that will be lost if/when this all dries up and goes back to normal. Not yours. This is not water or generators after a hurricane. It is ammo. Ammo that most people worth their salt in this game had plenty of before December and will have plenty of when this all blows over. Other's lack of planning, is not my problem.

The money I have made off of this is ridiculous to say the least. I have made more in a month and a half than most guys will make this year working 8 to 5. is that wrong? to some. My family sure as hell doesn't think so though. In fact, it has afforded us alot of things we would not have been able to afford without it. Things like paying off 2 car loans and starting 2 college savings funds for my boys. It's not like it has gone to hookers and blow, but so what if it did. In the end, you are trying to squash capitalism at it's very core. You are on the wrong side of this one IMHO. Of course you won't see it that way, and that's your perrogative. But you will be the first one crying when feel good legislation comes down the pipe and fucks your state all up, like it's trying to do now. Things that make you mad or scared shouldn't allow you to take away the rights of others.....remember that.

Edited by Morning Would

Bashing a person's for sale thread is complete BS. Dude could ask 10k for it and it hurts nobody. Even if someone pays 10k. As long as buy/seller both agree, then there is no harm done. To the OP, you should be able to hit the report post button and get all this crap removed from your thread.

Pretty funny that you wrote this statement in the classifieds section here not to long ago^^^ guess your principles have changed from a month or so ago. you a politician by chance? http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/83243-wts-nib-molot-vepr-12/

If you can't afford a buck a round to protect your family, you have bigger problems. What a lame ass excuse from someone shooting a thousand dollar shotgun.... I saw your copy and paste on Armslist of the Magpul Facebook page. Nice of you to impose your feelings into a situation where they don't belong. It is my money invested into all the ammo I can find, and my money that will be lost if/when this all dries up and goes back to normal. Not yours. This is not water or generators after a hurricane. It is ammo. Ammo that most people worth their salt in this game had plenty of before December and will have plenty of when this all blows over. Other's lack of planning, is not my problem.

The money I have made off of this is ridiculous to say the least. I have made more in a month and a half than most guys will make this year working 8 to 5. is that wrong? to some. My family sure as hell doesn't think so though. In fact, it has afforded us alot of things we would not have been able to afford without it. Things like paying off 2 car loans and starting 2 college savings funds for my boys. It's not like it has gone to hookers and blow, but so what if it did. In the end, you are trying to squash capitalism at it's very core. You are on the wrong side of this one IMHO. Of course you won't see it that way, and that's your perrogative. But you will be the first one crying when feel good legislation comes down the pipe and fucks your state all up, like it's trying to do now. Things that make you mad or scared shouldn't allow you to take away the rights of others.....remember that.

shit-just-got-real.jpg

haha.gif

Morning just out of curiosity, are you buying ammo online and reselling or selling ammo you already had?? I dont like people buying up ammo to resale it b/c it just keeps the supply low and the price high BUT I realize in a free market folks are and SHOULD BE able to to that even if I dont like it. Hell if I had the money to invest I would probably buy ammo and throw it on gun broker too!!

Yeah, yeah, paying for your kid's college and shit, that's great. That doesn't change the fact that people like you are buying MORE than you would normally from retailers that are keeping their prices the same, creating the very lack of supply that is driving prices up. Don't think you're slick and doing something the rest of us are too dumb to think of or too poor to invest in. You're nothing more than a two-bit street hustler with a chip on your shoulder. Regardless of that, no one here is saying you shouldn't be allowed to do that... but don't expect us to fucking cheer you a long while you profiteer and make this shitty situation worse for the rest of the country...

• Like 1

shit-just-got-real.jpg

haha.gif

Morning just out of curiosity, are you buying ammo online and reselling or selling ammo you already had?? I dont like people buying up ammo to resale it b/c it just keeps the supply low and the price high BUT I realize in a free market folks are and SHOULD BE able to to that even if I dont like it. Hell if I had the money to invest I would probably buy ammo and throw it on gun broker too!!

I am buying it online and at walmart locally. it is a simple supply and demand driven spike at the moment. Just like housing 10 years ago, gold last year, etc....Some people ABSOLUTELY WILL lose their shirts over this due to inexperience and bad timing. However, I have not bought a single thing at any amount over 10% above pre-panic pricing at most. That eaves me alot of room to move product at seemingly blowout prices as it starts to slow without getting hurt in the slightest. There are currently deals everywhere still. I am simply capitalizing on the people who are just too damn lazy to do their own leg work. Knowledge is power, just like the vendors we have here who charge ridiculous amounts of money to make an already good shotgun, better. You are paying for what they know, as you should. I personally know how to flip hot items. before ammo, it was furbees at Christmas, storage auctions and so on. Ammo is just the latest in a string of things I do in conjunction with a real job that keeps my pay scale at a pace that affords me the lifestyle my family and I have become accustomed to. When this blows over, I will find the next "big thing" and move money into that. It is absolutely the American way. Whether the OP likes it or not, it happens in all facets of everyday life. This one just hits a little closer to home....

Yeah, yeah, paying for your kid's college and shit, that's great. That doesn't change the fact that people like you are buying MORE than you would normally from retailers that are keeping their prices the same, creating the very lack of supply that is driving prices up. Don't think you're slick and doing something the rest of us are too dumb to think of or too poor to invest in. You're nothing more than a two-bit street hustler with a chip on your shoulder. Regardless of that, no one here is saying you shouldn't be allowed to do that... but don't expect us to fucking cheer you a long while you profiteer and make this shitty situation worse for the rest of the country...

what's the term kids use now a days....Haters gonna hate.

Yeah, and Karma's a bitch. That phrase in different forms has been around for a lot longer...

I think you have a very ill-informed concept of the American way. It involves working harder, yourself... not making life harder for your fellow man.

Edited by Risky
  • Like 1

Yeah, and Karma's a bitch. That phrase in different forms has been around for a lot longer...

I think you have a very ill-informed concept of the American way. It involves working harder, yourself... not making life harder for your fellow man.

I ain't skeered of Karma. And like I said, if buck a round for 556 is making life tougher for my fellow man, they got bigger fish to fry. As for what you think about my "ill-Informed concept" of the American way, we just have differing view points. I can and will live with that.

damn, I can translate all that has been stated and will be stated about people crying about price of ammo, guns etc... and people who re-sell it, into one picture that fits in perfectly:

cryingbaby.jpg

gee, would you guys like some cheese with your whine?

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

Good thing that you are good at screwing people over for a living because you sure can't read. I've stated your above quote several times now. I stand by it as well. What is it that you are not getting about the difference selling overpriced shit and taking to the point where there is none to be had?

You have absolutely have the right to gouge. I absolutely have the right to flag.

I truly don't know why you keep bothering with this thread. You are not going to change any minds. I find it repulsive that you sit here and gloat like you are.

I threw out something that I think will help at the very least to try and rally the troops so to speak.

Your attempts to attack my integrity crack me up. Let's say for a minute that what I'm trying to do is totally wrong (it's not BTW) At least I can say that I'm doing it in an effort to help our cause and be part of the cure. Pretty sure most think that people such as yourself are just part of the problem.

Oh Boy. Think about what your are doing. Are you suggesting that we all do away with supply and demand? Do away with Capitalism? Please think it through. WHAT ABOUT FREEDOM OF CHOICE? The buyer of all this stuff listed on the net has a choice; HE CAN BUY OR HE CAN PASS. This sounds like sour grapes to me. If some chump wants to pay 10 times what he should for something...so what...IT IS HIS CHOICE! Not yours, not mine. Thank You. HB of CJ (old coot) sad.pngsad.pngsad.png

Oh Boy. Think about what your are doing. Are you suggesting that we all do away with supply and demand? Do away with Capitalism? Please think it through. WHAT ABOUT FREEDOM OF CHOICE? The buyer of all this stuff listed on the net has a choice; HE CAN BUY OR HE CAN PASS. This sounds like sour grapes to me. If some chump wants to pay 10 times what he should for something...so what...IT IS HIS CHOICE! Not yours, not mine. Thank You. HB of CJ (old coot) sad.pngsad.pngsad.png

Read the whole thread word for word please. This has been addressed more than once ya "old Coot"032.gif

Hello Big John. You got me thunking that I really missed something, soss I have re-read your first thread, wondering if there was something like I missed obviously maybe. Nope...didn"t miss anything. I stand by my first statement. Oh..by the way...I do LOVE your moving picture thing of the extraordiarlly beautiful young lady. Wow, Wow and WOW!! Who is she? The Whole World Wonders And Stuff. HB of CJ (old coot...but not THAT OLD!) smile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png

Wouldn't it be a bitch if this was all a "wag the dog" set up. I mean that the jackasses wanting to take our arms knew full well that just the threat of over running our second ammendment rights would cause this kind of behavior just like it has time and time again. Driving up prices to the point where several would just tap out and refuse to buy. I'm not a tin foil hat type, but I could see this very well happening-every time things loosen up a bit,WHAM, and up go the prices. Sooner or later it gets to the point where just like full auto machine guns, even though they're still obtainable it's only to a limited market willing to buck up.

I have to say, Darth and Chilie have articulated a clear point. Who the is anyone to tell another how much they can charge, or how much they can pay?

There may be need for some rules on the rules of capitalism, but telling people what they can sell for is definitely against capitalism.

What you need to do is learn from this, and stock up a supply for the next encounter with this maddness. The thing is, in this instance, it is clear it will happen again. I am sure we all know even if they somehow got everything they asked for, they'd come back tomorrow for more. So, wait for the calm, and stock up. That's the lesson I learned.

Once this blows over, I will buy a planned group of arms to give me exactly what I feel I "need", then stock up a 5 year supply of everything I need for the firearms, and invest in all the reloading equipment I need to go another 15 years. Then, when it hits, F*&K 'EM.

Don't be stupid this time, learn to be self-sufficient!

In the meantime, I don't think you need to do much to the people selling stuff at overinflated prices. You might want to add a note that it is grossly overinflated when you see it, but there is no reason to flag ads as improper/etc.

• Like 2

I have to say, Darth and Chilie have articulated a clear point. Who the is anyone to tell another how much they can charge, or how much they can pay?

There may be need for some rules on the rules of capitalism, but telling people what they can sell for is definitely against capitalism.

What you need to do is learn from this, and stock up a supply for the next encounter with this maddness. The thing is, in this instance, it is clear it will happen again. I am sure we all know even if they somehow got everything they asked for, they'd come back tomorrow for more. So, wait for the calm, and stock up. That's the lesson I learned.

Once this blows over, I will buy a planned group of arms to give me exactly what I feel I "need", then stock up a 5 year supply of everything I need for the firearms, and invest in all the reloading equipment I need to go another 15 years. Then, when it hits, F*&K 'EM.

Don't be stupid this time, learn to be self-sufficient!

In the meantime, I don't think you need to do much to the people selling stuff at overinflated prices. You might want to add a note that it is grossly overinflated when you see it, but there is no reason to flag ads as improper/etc.

I learned my lesson, believe me. I honestly don't care what a guy charges for his shit. But... When you take it all and I can't buy any (not just inflated... NONE) then I have a problem with that. I totally understand supply and demand and if I didn't a few of you are sure educting me, haha.. They have the right to fuck people, I have the right to call it as it is. There is a specific "overpriced' link in the flag box that I have a right to use. I don't understand what people aren't getting about this. If you don't like it, contact armslist and have them take away the overpriced flag. Until then, You got all the ammo and are charging close to a buck a round or more... I'm flaggin!

Some .223 finally came in to my LGS and they sold for .45 per round but I could only get 100. Pissed me off so I went home and took it out on armslist assholes and flagged their buck a round ad's, haha... It worked for Pmags, it will work for ammo sooner or later.

Sorry John, I didn't mean to sound like I was jumping on the bandwagon and slamming you. I was obviously making my point, but I think I meant to be emphasizing that you SHOULD be hitting that overprice flag. There are a ton of newbies out there that don't know just how bad they are being ripped off, myself included sometimes.

My post was meant to more emphasize that we should flag these people, and learn our lesson: stock up when it gets better so we dont get caught again.

• Like 1

Just remember one thing. All the gougers may not have to answer for it on this side of the graveyard, but will on the other. That alone makes me smile when I see a gouger. secret_smile.gif

Hmm...I wonder what sin that would be...

Whatever sin his god says.

I hope they just ban guns completely so i don't have to listen to a bunch of morons complain about how they cost too much. if you don't want to pay the asking price don't buy it, if you don't like people asking so much, move to fucking china and quit whining like a bunch of little cunts

• Like 2

Just remember one thing. All the gougers may not have to answer for it on this side of the graveyard, but will on the other. That alone makes me smile when I see a gouger. secret_smile.gif

Hmm...I wonder what sin that would be...

Thou shalt not force me to covet thy ammo.018.gif

I hope they just ban guns completely so i don't have to listen to a bunch of morons complain about how they cost too much. if you don't want to pay the asking price don't buy it, if you don't like people asking so much, move to fucking china and quit whining like a bunch of little cunts

I smell an angry gouger, hahahahaha.... The flagging must be working cuz you guys are getting seriously pissed. Whatsa matter, you get stuck with 10k rounds of ammo you can't move? Or maybe some Pmags that nobody will pay $50 for?

So just to be clear... You're for an all out gun ban? Hmmmm.... Maybe China would be a good place for you sir.

Thank you for your valuable input to this thread.

I smell an angry gouger, hahahahaha.... The flagging must be working cuz you guys are getting seriously pissed. Whatsa matter, you get stuck with 10k rounds of ammo you can't move? Or maybe some Pmags that nobody will pay $50 for?

So just to be clear... You're for an all out gun ban? Hmmmm.... Maybe China would be a good place for you sir.

Thank you for your valuable input to this thread.

I smell a mouth breathing moron who can't sense sarcasm. if someone is willing to pay the price that's what it's worth, if it's priced too high it won't sell. no need to be a little bitch and whine about people asking ridiculous prices for their shit

• Like 1