So probably about a month ago i sold a guy an AK pistol which i had listed on armslist. I was browsing around and i saw it for sale. He's got it listed for literally 2x what he paid. Should i call him out publicly? I even gave him a free mag (additional to the mag on the gun, even though mags were going for $40 a pop at the time.)

Fuck, i was surprised someone paid what i was asking.

• Like 1

Fuck'em. Its no longer your problem. I wouldnt worry about it, unless you know the person interested in it. If people want to over pay for shit, then let them. Its their fault for not shopping around or getting more info prior to making a purchase in todays market.

• Like 5

Nah. You sold it, what he does with it afterwards is up to him.

I sold an AK-74 to a guy on the forum a while back, and watched him resell it at a higher price several months later. Didn't bother me - I got what I asked for it.

• Like 5

Why be bothered by it, hell, it isn't yours any longer.

It isn't gouging if it isn't something a person almost literally HAS to have to sustain life.

It isn't gouging if someone is willing to pay it.

It is Capitalism at it's finest, Supply & Demand economics.

The goods are not one the shelves, people want them and have money, or credit if they're fools.

Hell, i would like to buy either a Ruger mkII/mkIII or a Browning Buck Mark, but they're not to be had unless I get lucky and am there at the counter when it comes in.

Sure, there are some on the auction sites, but I'd rather not deal with them, prefer face to face private sale.

I'm even willing to pay MSRP for a NIB, others will happily pay damn near whatever the price asked.

• Like 3

^^^ I am not so sure. If I had a shop, I might very well just upscale production. I know we talked about this before, but at some point, you see the chance to gain market share and a killing before the others do, and just start producing, and say screw it, if it doesnt work out, I shut my doors. The gamble might be worth the prize.

To me it seems that the federal government, who survives on only a small portion of the profit generated in the country, can only buy so much.

True dat.......for firearms. I am afraid what makes these run is going to be a big problem for a long time. IMHO.

If the Feds really are trying to shutdown the commercial ammunition market with all their massive orders, then yes, it could be very problematic for a long time.

If they realize that control via legislation and/or exorbitant taxation just will not fly, and they are serious about backdooring us in this manner, then yeah, we may be fucked.

Heck, we already hear that brass and primers are being allocated for manufacture only.

Unless munition manufacturers stand with firearms manufacturers and refuse to do business with the Federal government.

Once they have contracts, they have them by the balls. And if the manufacturers break the contracts, then the Feds have the NDAA with which to takeover their plants.

But I have little faith that the manufacturers will be able to see beyond the $$$$$$$$, sure a few may, but not the big ones that count, e.g. Remington, Winchester and Federal.

OK enough drama.

Its out there, and there is more available everyday, but it still disappears VERY QUICKLY!

I'm finding ammo for my direct needs, and yeah, while most of what I'm buying is averaging 25-50% above 2012 prices, some is quite reasonable considering.

Prime example, I just found 2000rds of CCI Mini Mag .22lR 36gr CPHP for $170.80 shipped, $0.0854 per round vs $0.754 in 2012.

That's right a penny difference, and I see people paying $0.30+ per rnd for the same stuff on such as GunBroker.

Same goes for mags and other accessories.

• Like 1

I sold a G23 via FTF to a guy through another board. About a week later, he had it listed on the same site for about $100 more than what I sold it to him for. I got a laugh out of it. As far as I know, he never ended up selling it. His ad was just full of "bumps" by him.

But I hear what you're saying, E.C.

Eh... It's a free market... I bought a parts car for $300 and sold the engine out of it for $200. I told the guy that I sold it to (a personal friend) the straight up story... He didn't care since he didn't want the entire car.

Would it have changed my price if he did care? Nope... That's what it was worth!