I would never do such a thing!

I think you would! smile.png

Don't Saiga imports go something like "There is a container on the way. When don't know when it left, or when it will be here, or what is on it"?

This is approximately exactly how it works.

Not even the importer knows for sure when their container will reach port, much less when it will clear customs or actually reach them.

I would never do such a thing!

I think you would! smile.png

Don't Saiga imports go something like "There is a container on the way. When don't know when it left, or when it will be here, or what is on it"?

This is approximately exactly how it works.

Not even the importer knows for sure when their container will reach port, much less when it will clear customs or actually reach them.

Yup... That's why I snatched my S-12 when I FOUND ONE... Price be damned... Paid like a punk, but it's home! I would do it again tomrrow (and might... .308 in stock somewhere?)

I see K-Var has now removed the SGL12-07 and SGL12-09 from their products page, and all other models are (and have been) out of stock as well. There's a blog that states what Mach 1 said above, that Izhmash halted production around the 1st of last November. I've seen some internet rumors say it's to re-tool for newer models. Who knows.

"The famed original AK maker Izhmash is on the brink of collapse. Production of sporting rifles has stopped, export contacts cannot be fulfilled and skilled workers are leaving the company."

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2012/10/31/mikhail-kalashnikov-asks-putin-to-save-izhmash/

I spoke with RWC recently. They ARE expecting a shipment in.

06yfzduner , please email me with an update regarding your communications with the vendor.

Best regards,

Mike

Haven't there been a bunch of rumors about Saiga availability, importing etc that haven't been true? In fact, haven't all of them been false?

The only one I have evidence of is that people were jumping up and down about S-12s no longer being imported for about a 6 weeks before I bought mine. It was right about the time everyone was scared the BATFE was going to call it a DD. The sticker on the box from Legion had a date from the week prior to my purchase and it was number like 245/759 in that shipment (or some such thing) So... that myth was busted.