My daughter is 4 and I don't trust her with the TV remote. But some day I'll take her out to the range.

I'm also going to be that dad cleaning his guns when her boyfriend comes over in about 12 years.

I was generally either cleaning guns or sharpening my fighting knife collection. I would pull the guy aside before they left and explain that he shouldn't do anyting to my daughter that he didn't want me to do to him. Never had a problem. LOL Good luck and good hunting Dads.

• Like 2

^^^ i cannot even bring myself to begin thinking about my girls reaching that age. Its so true, my girls will always be my babies. I hope I am strong enough to treat them as they should be treated as they get older.

My daughter is almost three. She can kick pretty good and already knows that tbe eyes are a good target. She's a little sweetheart, but in a few more years she will know where all your arteries and vital organs are. Teach your kids improvised weapons. That hair pick can come in handy when you're in a gun free kill zone.

My daughter turns 3 in april, I cannot wait in a couple of years too take her out too learn how too shoot. She is a lefty though so all my guns are somewhat lefty friendly or totally ambidextrous.

She is going too be a big girl though, tall 6 ft. Plus, blonde hair blue eyes, yea weapons training and martial arts at a young age, maybe kickboxing.

Gonna start on moms platinum pink 15-22 , definitely thinking of a M&P 22 pistol or ruger mark 3.

My daughter turns 3 in april, I cannot wait in a couple of years too take her out too learn how too shoot. She is a lefty though so all my guns are somewhat lefty friendly or totally ambidextrous.

She is going too be a big girl though, tall 6 ft. Plus, blonde hair blue eyes, yea weapons training and martial arts at a young age, maybe kickboxing.

Gonna start on moms platinum pink 15-22 , definitely thinking of a M&P 22 pistol or ruger mark 3.

Edited by dashowdy

My daughter is 4yrs old and we have little self defense training sessions all the time. Last night after work she and her 2yr old brother wanted to attack Daddy. She punches and kicks pretty good. Half way through I pretended that I was down and out for the count. As I lay there her brother continued attacking and she kicked me straight in the face. Hurt pretty good, but all I could do was laugh. I had to stop the session and explain that there are certain moves we never use on the family members. She already knows about Dad's special spot that she is not supposed to kick.(That hurt also by the way).

My martial arts instructor and his wife have 2 daughters. He said it's a good thing no one from Children's Services ever peeked in their window while the girls were growing up! ;)

Stick and staff practice, punching, kicking, arm locks, ground fighting... hehehe. :D