• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not that I don't like the Burris MTAC but it's heavy and bulky and that just seemed to go against the purpose of a bullpup. This setup is better.  The BCM keymod grip is the only way to go.    

Hopefully going to the range soon... just a Primary Arms red dot until I decide what I will end up putting on it permanently.

Posted Images

Same crap that went on with the RFB when it came out. I got my RFB for 1300 shipped out of a square deal shop in Illinois of all places. The Tavor will be flooding the market very soon and all the people paying 4K will be butt hurt when they start showing up for less than the pre-order price.

I'm sure the Tavor will catch on like the RFB never did. I want one now but I'll wait till I find one below $2k. Shouldn't be too long.

No disrespect but, RFB never catch on? Where the heck have you been? Go look at one on GB, they have been selling like hot cakes at double the price you can order your's from a dealer with the right distributor since they came out. They even have their own following and guys custom making parts for them. KT can't keep up with the demand.

I believe the Tavor will be an even smaller niche since it is either set up right or left handed and it always sucks to have an ejection port in your ear in close quarters. Half the fun of the Ambi-pups is the tree stand advantage.

It will be popular amongst the guys who watch a lot of television. smile.png

Listen, I didn't mean to insult your personal favorite. Put away the flamethrower. biggrin.png

I don't hear people talking about them. I've never seen one at the range.

I never said it doesn't have a following. It just never gone "mainstream".

All semi-autos are selling for silly prices right now, so please don't use price as proof of popularity. lol

Back to the original topic, Atlantic had Tavors in stock today for about 5 minutes. I spent the whole time trying to get their website to accept payment. Timeout after timeout. After many attempts I got the message that they were sold out.

Here is my cart with the Tavor in it.

post-4831-0-88009800-1365737663_thumb.jpg

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 3

1800 all july long. bank on it. smile.png my favorite is the surgeon. dont you dare talk about her. smile.png hope you get your rifle. looks like fun. The combi aspect of it is very smart. Might hold off till they offer a hard case with all the barrels like they did with the eagle. now that would be a hot cake!

That's a trip. Take a photo of the BUIS on that baby for me!

here ya go...

gallery_40940_964_97783.jpg

They are VERY basic... some guys have gone so far as get the PTS Magpul BUIS and cover the stock ones up! They absolute cowitness with the Primary Arms red dot I have installed, but I think I'll add some risers to do a 1/3 cowitness as I like that better. But, not much doing until I decide exactly what I want on this anyways.

Here's the sights as seen with a crappy camera:

gallery_40940_964_11989.jpg

• Like 1

thats a smart design. not a tank like a troy or as dialable as a magpul but effective. if it co witnesses the red dot for you, it may be the same height as the m16. If you did cover them up with something else, you'd never miss. smile.png Thanks for the photos. Does the model that includes the mepro reflex sight also have tech backups?

Dang this thing is awesome. Been wanting one for along time so I will definitely have one of these when the price drops a little. It's good their finally here!

Edited by Ethan M
thats a smart design. not a tank like a troy or as dialable as a magpul but effective. if it co witnesses the red dot for you, it may be the same height as the m16. If you did cover them up with something else, you'd never miss. smile.png Thanks for the photos. Does the model that includes the mepro reflex sight also have tech backups?

LOL, yeah, some guys were posting what backups to use, as they didn't even know they were integrated into the flattop. They blend in VERY well. A number of guys I have seen posting at Bullpupforum are still going with an aftermarket BUIS, but I'm staying with these- there is a small tool included to adjust them - they are adjustable, just not a easy as other models. Just a quick battery change and I'm back to sights, and I can carry a couple on the weapon. And I'm not 100% certain, but I think the BUIS are only a feature of the full length flattop rail versions... I do not believe the IDF model has them.

• Like 1

LOL, yeah, some guys were posting what backups to use, as they didn't even know they were integrated into the flattop. They blend in VERY well. A number of guys I have seen posting at Bullpupforum are still going with an aftermarket BUIS, but I'm staying with these- there is a small tool included to adjust them - they are adjustable, just not a easy as other models. Just a quick battery change and I'm back to sights, and I can carry a couple on the weapon. And I'm not 100% certain, but I think the BUIS are only a feature of the full length flattop rail versions... I do not believe the IDF model has them.

That's why I was asking! I have never seen them on the real ones. Really cool addition for a rail. They're called a backup for a reason! I'm amazed the little shits are adjustable too! Set it and forget it kinda thing anyway. The Magpul is the easiest to manipulate and adjust and the troy is the one you can use as a can opener and hammer with less ease of use. There are a few others out there but that's the most common. It's really smart to put them in the rail. More space and less clutter. You should practice with your back up iron sights but you will rarely, if ever, be dialing in your dope on a windy day with them! I just get them MOcentermass and forget about the bastards.

I was going to build a flat top AR for 3gun to use with an acog, but I've decided to save money and wait on a Tavor, I've wanted one for a while and well I can't think of a better use.

I will most likely go with an 18 inch barrel for the extra few FPS and reach

I plan on adjusting them for CQ use... 50yrd max maybe. Have my .308 AR set for 300yrd, AR15 and S308 for 100yrd and the Tavor will take up the SBR duty for close up stuff... along with my S12. Zombies don't stand a chance at my compound! LMAO

Let see if this works... the digital version of the operators manual was posted on bullpup forum by IWI, hopefully it links up ok. OPERATOR MANUAL (17mb)

• Like 1

Well I walked in the lgs today and they had a Sig 556R on the wall. Used in vg condition at a decent price. It even had the MI front sight. So I bought it along with an Eotech 517. Guess the Tavor waits.

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • 11 months later...

Just an update.

The Timney trigger is shipping and the Geisesele trigger will be soon.  Both are $350 and can be installed in 10 seconds with no tools.

I'll admit to being a trigger snob, but when I finally got to play with a tavor, I frankly thought the trigger was fine. Sure I would mess with it, but I'll try and improve most anything. The factory tavor trigger was acceptible, and I actually liked it better than some AR triggers I've tried. If power customs sold a $75 kit, maybe, but short of competition, I would not be spending ~$300 on a trigger group.

I just returned from my favorite gun shop in Texas and held a 16" RH black flat top model. Nice. The prices were $1799.00 for the 16" model and $1899.00 for the 18" model.

They had four in stock a couple of FDE 16 inch. I know this rifle is made of polymer, but it felt rock solid. Just trying to figure out what optic that should go with it.

I can't stand red dots. My experience with them is washing out in the noon day sun. This rifle mostly certainly lands in the politically incorrect criteria for looks, which

makes it a must have in Yak's book. Watch the movement of the muzzle @02:35 in the video below:

Also, it looks like after market triggers are starting to be released. This should bring the pull down from 9 pounds to 4.

http://www.timneytriggers.com/shop/IWI-Tavor-C27.aspx

Edited by yakdung
  • Like 1

I'll admit to being a trigger snob, but when I finally got to play with a tavor, I frankly thought the trigger was fine. Sure I would mess with it, but I'll try and improve most anything. The factory tavor trigger was acceptible, and I actually liked it better than some AR triggers I've tried. If power customs sold a $75 kit, maybe, but short of competition, I would not be spending ~$300 on a trigger group.

Yeah no $350 triggers for me.  The stock trigger with the extra spring removed is actually pretty good.  Damn good for a bullpup.

Well I walked in the lgs today and they had a Sig 556R on the wall. Used in vg condition at a decent price. It even had the MI front sight. So I bought it along with an Eotech 517. Guess the Tavor waits.

Good decision on your part.  I have had a chance to inspect/handle a couple of Tavors and for my part, I am NOT impressed. The supposed ergonomics are just not there for me.  The lenght of pull seems just a tad too long.  Also the forward hand quard is awkward, get worse if you try the supported 5 points of contact hold as recomended by the IDF. Sorry, will stick to standard AR-15s, SIG 55x platform (have 551-A1 and 556R) and AKs.  BTW, it is not the bullpup thing, I have a nice .308 bullpup consiting of a Springfield M1A in a Juggernaught Rogue chassis which I love. 

Well the good decision on my part was not as good a decision in the end.  The 556R has never worked properly.  It is a gen 1 that has been reworked by Sig but still not reliable.  I tried tuning up the action but it still won't eject reliably.  Ejection is very positive when the bolt is operated by hand.  The gun acts undergassed.

It has been sitting in my safe for a year unused.  I finally decided to order a new gas plug to experiment with.  The ports in the stock plug are very small.  I am going to open up the ports to see if that fixes the failure to eject.

If it works then great.  If not I'm trading it at the gun store where I bought it.

And when my tax refund arrives, a new Tavor most likely.

The ergos may not work for you but IWI sold 3 times the rifles they expected in the first year and they are prepared to sell even more this year.

EDIT:  And I'm counting on somebody to come out with a 300blk barrel soon.  Not sure why IWI US hasn't come out with the promised 300blk conversion since all you need is a barrel.  Probably they have been busy building 3X more tavors than they expected.  But with the number of Tavors out there now the market for a 300blk barrel is already in place.  Somebody just has to build them.

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 1

DS I assume you have already read about the backwards gas ports on the US SIG selector valve. I don't know what the hell was going on at SIG, but I have read that the second-gen 556R did receive gas port tuning as well as ejector & recoil spring tuning. SIG really should have just made these parts freely available to all customers upon request.

I still can't believe the Tavor is so damn expensive.

Not digging all the plastic or price, but with that said, they look well designed and thought out. I didn't have time to read through everything but it looked @ a glance like the left side could be setup for ejection as well. I did see the part where the brass was just clipping his chin, that was distracting.

Not digging all the plastic or price, but with that said, they look well designed and thought out. I didn't have time to read through everything but it looked @ a glance like the left side could be setup for ejection as well. I did see the part where the brass was just clipping his chin, that was distracting.

Yes they are available in left hand versions, and can be converted.

The plastic might concern me if it hadn't been designed by IWI and used by the IDF.

I hope people consider the overall lenght of the Tavor before they put a light target trigger kit into it! Good to see they were a success and that the price came down. Still waiting on the three barrel kit. I suppose that will happen when the demand drops off a little.

Finally took the plunge and ordered a Tavor.  Atlantic dropped their price to $1699 and we got a bigger-than-usual tax return.

I went back and forth on the barrel and color forever but decided the extra velocity of the 18 was worth the slight increase in oal.  And black because accessories are generally black.

Now all I have to decide on is what optic I'll run.  Fortunately I have it narrowed to less than 20 choices.  Unless something else catches my eye...

• 2 weeks later...