ROYAL TIGER POLISH HELLPUPS (DRAGOSKI?) $599

I hate youbig_smile.gif, no! im not going to do it. have other plans, must resist.

thats too much anyway.....draco's used to be 319.00 once upon a time. I dont imagine this will be the last time I see these in 4 years.

Edited by AZG

Here it is compared to the M92, which has a 10.25" barrel.

Taking some measurements of the picture, the barrel is 11-11.5" not including the muzzle device.

post-4831-0-28739700-1362431208.jpg

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 1

MAXWELHSE,

GRANTED, BUT, IF THE AD IS TO BE BELIEVED, IT COMES IN FROM POLAND ALREADY FULLY BUILT, SO NO OPPORTUNITY/REASON FOR THEM TO DIDDLE WITH ANYTHING.

THEY'RE JUST SELLING THE FULLY BUILT PRODUCT.

I'M JUS' SAYIN'....

JESS1344

MAXWELHSE,

GRANTED, BUT, IF THE AD IS TO BE BELIEVED, IT COMES IN FROM POLAND ALREADY FULLY BUILT, SO NO OPPORTUNITY/REASON FOR THEM TO DIDDLE WITH ANYTHING.

I'M JUS' SAYIN'....

JESS1344

Pistols are imported whole. My M92 was built in Zastava. The monkeys at CAI only imported it.

I love all caps, and excellent punctuation! Ha!

Nifty pistol, but nah, I prefer my pistols to be pistols. If I put that IWB, the chicks would think I have twins down there!

Only good reason to buy one (imo) is to file a Form 1 and make yourself a nice compact AK.

I never cared for the Draco, but the M92 is perfect (again imo) for my sbr project. This one looks like it would make a damn nice sbr also. Built in Poland with no CAI or IO monkey paw prints on it.

• Like 2
MAXWELHSE,

I'M JUS' SAYIN'....

JESS1344

That review is of the hellpup, which is the pistol, right?

MAXWELHSE,

I'M JUS' SAYIN'....

JESS1344

That review is of the hellpup, which is the pistol, right?

To be clear, the review is of the previous Hellpup pistol as it was built by IO monkeys. The Polish one is made over there and imported. It should be good to go.

I ordered one of these last night, got shipment notification today. They're quick at getting their orders out at least. We'll see how nice the gun is in a few days when it gets here. It'll get one trip to the range for a function check, then it's tax stamp time if things go as planned.

• 4 months later...

I was excited, then I googled and found this user testimonial and all the guys following him... I guess anything can be defective, but for $600 I think I'll hold off.

(this is a "review", not guns for sale)

http://www.soviet-steel.com/showthread.php?p=13629

I made the posting you are linking to back in 05-19-2011: IO were selling "Hell Hounds" and "Hell Pups" back then and they were not Polish manufacture. They had their hands in the manufacturing and or converting them. I dont know about the Polish ones they are now selling also as Hell Pups. I am hoping they are 100% Polish and no hands of IO in the process.

Google the problems people are having with Hellpups shooting the trunion out of the rear. Even better, look at the Google images of the carnage.

MT,

GOTTA LINK TO THAT?

I HAVE A FRIENDS THAT I'M SUPPOSED TO ACCESSORIZE, BUT WANT TO CHECK THIS OUT BEFORE I DO.

THE RECEIVERS ARE STAMPED "HELLPUP 7.62X39 PIONEER ARMS CORP. RADOM POLAND", BUT CONCEIVABLY, THEY COULD BE LEAVING POLAND AS FLATS, AND EVERYTHING ELSE BEING DONE OVER HERE.

ANYBODY HAVE ANY HARD INFO ON THEIR PROVONANCE?

IS THE ISSUE ON BANGING THE REAR TRUNNION OUT, RECEIVERS BEING OUT OF SPEC FOR LENGTH?

THE ONE I HAVE HERE IS 10 3/16", SAME AS MY SGL21-76.

THANKS,

JESS1344

MT,

YEAH, THAT AIN'T PRETTY..............

SOUNDS LIKE THEIR QC IS VERY HIT AND MISS.

GUESS I BETTER GO OUT AND TRY TO PUT SOME ROUNDS THROUGH THIS THING, BEFORE MY BUD DROPS SOME ACCESSORY MONEY ON THIS THING.

I DID NOTICE THAT THE BOLT CARRIER SEEMS TO BE A SNUG FIT IN THE RECEIVER, AS IT MOVES FORE AND AFT WHEN HAND CYCLING IT; NOT IN A BAD WAY, BUT LIKE COMPARING THE SLIDE FIT ON A LOOSEY-GOOSEY G.I. 1911, VS. A GOLD CUP.

WE'LL SEE, I'LL LET YOU KNOW.

THANKS,

JESS1344

• 2 months later...

I've seen several videos on the hellpup with only one person reporting problems.  But I've also seen a report of problems with the M92.  Guess anybody can make a lemon.

Edited by Darth Saigus

My understanding is that I.O. made the hellpup in their shop using minimum wager laborers. This was the pistol that gave them a terrible reputation.

The new pistols are made in Poland by Radom and are pretty much like a saiga. Break them in before you bitch to the seller that it wont cycle.