personally i believe the whole rocket launcher thing is a clearly fake plant so the news can scare people.

and the guy saying this looks like a third world country when he sees all the guns, no words for how stupid i think he is.

i couldnt watch the whole video, i had turn that bullshit off.

(in full pissed off mode now...)

and another thing, if your worried about your kids or grand kids you have at least three much better options than going to the buy back.

1) teach them guns are not toys and to tell a adult immediately if they see one

2)gun safe/trigger lock

3)sell/give the gun to a friend or put it up for sale at a gun store where it will go to a good home

Edited by Salt
  • Like 1

Yeah, most turn in weaponry you see from the urban areas got duct tape holding shit together on them. :rolleyes:

Ah well, the news story will still work as advertised, scaring old ladies, bossy, pants wearing feminists, and their unquestioning metro-sexual pussy husbands. :cryss:

• Like 1

Sounds like pure boul shiet to me. I would not be surprised for one moment to later learn that the rocket tubes were planted in the buy back by actual police or the media themselves. Are the tubes illegal or are they just considered empty pipes? If soss, why all the media boul shiet? Also I have a curious question that just came to mind. Is the LAPD breaking federal or state law?

In Kommiefornika, does not one have to go through a licensed FFL dealer to transfer a firearm? Are not private sells illegal? What about the launcher tubes...are they considered Destructive Devices, (DD) and limited to only such licensed dealers to accept such? Does the LAPD have all the proper legal licenses to accept all of these "buy backs"? Just wondering. HB of CJ (old coot) (I think too much)

We bailed out of Kommiefornika way back in 1987. Best thing we ever did.

Those evil rocket launchers are used up trainers that would never accept a real rocket. Cool for collectors, otherwise junk as they are thrown in the trash after use. Somebody got over on them with that sale.

i cant say if those were planted or not , but while my family and i were living just off base, "camp pendleton" in oceanside ca , i did find a used law rocket tube on a bluff near my home . stepdad wouldnt let me keep it ,he took it back on base and turned it in to whoever , probably eod , i dont know , wouldnt suprise me a bit if these got smuggled off base by somebody .

Way too many identical firearms. Also way too many arms that had to be owned by people knowing their value. This is definitely propaganda. I like how Kyoung sidesteps the question as to whether it was an illegally obtained rocket launcher. I bet dollars to donuts the whole thing was staged.

So what if I spray painted some airsoft crap and sold those back?

I was imagining how funny it would be if most of the guns they got were fake, maybe throw in some airsoft dart guns and a super soaker for good measure.

• Like 2

Funny how the worldwide security "expert" doesn't know those are not RPG rocket launchers. Those AT4 tubes could be airsoft as well.

Here is one that sold for $167:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/M-136-AT-4-Tube-Only-Excellent-Condition-/110986045262?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19d748a74e&nma=true&si=tmzS3ZAilPP5OgIioKrEsl99pGM%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

And here is one for $249:

https://www.buymilsurp.com/m136-at4-anti-armor-weapon-inert-display-p-42716.html

I wonder how much they paid?

I still don't get it. You turn a gun in for $100 gift card when you can sell it for 10x that. At 1:16 you can see a BB gun, a Colt Anaconda, 8mm Nambu, several break tops and a kind of rare 22 target revolver.

What I would really like to know is if they run the numbers to return the stolens guns to their rightful owners.

Dolomite

I wonder if someone could turn in some "potato guns" that had been painted OD green with some military looking markings, HPL 250 " homemade potato launcher with a 2 1/2 " bore"

• Like 1

Otherwise known as a dog and pony show. Seriously folks, I know this will upset some but here goes. We have an un-holy triumverate. Three types of TV programming have elevated some professions to god like status-doctor/hospital drama, lawyer drama and police/crime drama. All of these delivery systems extol the virtues of the subject and convince the sheeple of the rightness without any negative portrayals. An anesthesiologist killed my mother on the table and the hospital is silent without even a "We're sorry". Three weeks of time there and you get to see how much the public has been duped on so called health care professionals. From my expert witness dealings, a trial is all about who tells the best story with truth as a casualty. Lastly, every encounter I've had with cops has exposed said officers as biased control freaks with behavior that would make Larry Flint blush. I know the human race is rife with scum but to elevate these three groups to sainthood is wrong.