I would guess that most, if not all "AR-15 guys" already have a huge fucking shit pile of ammo already and are not paying anything.

Tony

Yep, and I've seen it coming back at .40 a round, so my reserves are not going down.

Remember that there are plenty non-AR guys who also shoot 5.56/.223. Fortunately with my 5.56 AKs I can shoot the crappiest garbage .223 I can find, with some exceptions - Herter's is almost universally garbage, and I'm lucky if I find a box that doesn't have at least one case out of spec. Some AR guys still won't touch steel cased ammo even during this crazy BS.

steel .223 is still not much more than a quarter a round. it still comes up regularly on AIM, J&G, etc. Personally I LOVE Wolf MC and although I haven't chrono'ed it, it feels very similarly loaded to M193/M855. it's noticeably hotter than brass commercial .223.

Edited by mancat
  • Like 2

FWIW, right now it is costing about 16.7 cents a round to reload the .30 Carbine. Eventually we will run out of components and the price will centainly go up, but for the meantime we are doing OK. Oh so fast! HB of CJ (old coot) All NFA rules apply

Remember that there are plenty non-AR guys who also shoot 5.56/.223. Fortunately with my 5.56 AKs I can shoot the crappiest garbage .223 I can find, with some exceptions - Herter's is almost universally garbage, and I'm lucky if I find a box that doesn't have at least one case out of spec. Some AR guys still won't touch steel cased ammo even during this crazy BS.

steel .223 is still not much more than a quarter a round. it still comes up regularly on AIM, J&G, etc. Personally I LOVE Wolf MC and although I haven't chrono'ed it, it feels very similarly loaded to M193/M855. it's noticeably hotter than brass commercial .223.

I shoot nothing but steel case in my AR's and have never had a single problem and it is plenty accurate too. Unless you are shooting match competition where accuracy counts steel case is perfectly fine. Those choosing to avoid steel, please continue to do so, so the rest of us will have a larger supply to draw from. :)

• Like 1
I would guess that most, if not all "AR-15 guys" already have a huge fucking shit pile of ammo already and are not paying anything.

Tony

Yep!

I shoot nothing but steel case in my AR's and have never had a single problem and it is plenty accurate too. Unless you are shooting match competition where accuracy counts steel case is perfectly fine. Those choosing to avoid steel, please continue to do so, so the rest of us will have a larger supply to draw from. smile.png

I shoot the shit out of steel case as well. The surplus military ball and tracer are for other things. bad_smile.gif

• Like 1
So if the State Department bans the importation of cheap ammo, and you start paying close to 2 bucks a round, are ARs going to win the debate?

Yeah, go price some domestic brass cased x39mm. If there were an import ban on the cheap stuff, the market is all their's to gouge away at.

My AR is the FN double thick chrome barrel. It could care less what's in the chamber, as long as it go bang.

And pay these outrageous prices......I bought the snot out of Wolf/Tulammo when it was still $4.97 at Wal-fart and $3.99 at the fun shop. I do have some SS109 and 55gr ball in brass, and my HD loads are SSA 77gr OTM. I was buying before I had a 5.56 in my hands.

Seriously, WTF is your point? What are you trying to accomplish? We should all be united against the real threat against us, not trying to divide each other into stupid sub-groups. Once we start bickering between ourselves what is the superior gun/caliber/ballistics or anything else, the enemy will have won. Shove this stupid shit up your ass and direct your energies and attention where it can do us ALL some good. Don't try to divide us from within. Sorry for the rant. Stay on target. We are all in this together. Grow up. God damn. If I was next to you in a doomsday scenerio, and got taken out, and you ran out of ammo, I bet you would be more than happy to pick up my AR and pick up where I left off.

Edited by coronet
  • Like 2

Alright Newb..I am gonna say this one time and that's it..TIME TO GROW THE F$@K UP!! We are ALL IN THIS TOGETHER!! If you are a shooter, no matter what caliber (MOST OF US GROWN ASS MEN OWN MORE THAN ONE CALIBER) we have to stick together! WE ARE IN A FIGHT FOR OUR VERY WAY OF LIFE!! It's time to quit squablin over 5.56 vs 7.62x39!! AND FOR THOSE WHO ARE NOT N.R.A. MEMBERS... COUGH UP THE LOUSY 25 BUCKS AND JOIN ALREADY!! It is not time for name calling and thinking you are better because you shoot something different...you had better learn to support each other, WHATEVER YOU SHOOT! This country is going down the tubes quick enough without the sniveling, I'm better than you because I shoot xyz caliber!

DAMN, I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS CHILDISH HORSESH&T!

O.K., rant off, but if we don't stick together, we will hang apart! Call it the rantings of an old fart, BUT, I and a LOT of others have been in this game for a LOT of years, and see what is happening to this country, and it AIN'T about what caliber you shoot!

WAKE UP!!!!!

Edited by unclejake
  • Like 4

This thread...................has not gone how the OP had planned.bad_smile.gif

Lump me in with the group of "don't need to buy right now". That goes for almost everything gun related in my possession. Right now is a seller's market, not a buyer's market. There's only one thing I gun-related that I would buy right now, but it's not even released yet, so I'm safe.

• Like 1

My dpms loves all the ammo it can eat steel or brass. With steel it just wears down the ejector down faster. Oh no it's less than $2 and 3 min to take care of. I have a stock pile of .223/5.56, .270, .22lr, 7.62x54, 7.62x39, .308/7.62x51. Only caliber that I don't have 2k rounds for is 9mm. I guess it's a perk working at a gun store part time. Before you all ask yes I have sold from my private supply to keep people shooting at a fair price (right around what I paid for it).

Tony said it for ya. I've had my stock pile waaaaaayyyyy before all this BS.

yep, the only people I know of that are paying stupid prices for 5.56 are 1) those that were complacent figuring ammo would be always cheap, and now are "panic buying" 2) people that never even owned a firearm and with talk of banning ARs etc... panic bought AR for stupid prices, now are panic buying mags and ammo for stupid prices.

me, I bought it cheap and stocked it deep.

Edited by Matthew Hopkins
I only wish I had bought a few thousand rounds of 7.62x54 when it was cheap.

Dude! Aimsurplus has the silvertip Bulgy and Russian x54 for $80 a tin. I'd jump on that but I'm GTG on x54. At .18 cents a round I have been doing alot of plinking with my Vepr.

Edited by U.S Praetorian
I only wish I had bought a few thousand rounds of 7.62x54 when it was cheap.

Dude! Aimsurplus has the silvertip Bulgy and Russian x54 for $80 a tin. I'd jump on that but I'm GTG on x54. At .18 cents a round I have been doing alot of plinking with my Vepr.

Typo. 7.62x51.

I would guess that most, if not all "AR-15 guys" already have a huge fucking shit pile of ammo already, and are not paying anything.

Tony

the only time you can have too much ammo is

1) your house is on fire

2) your trying to swim.

with that being said, if my house ever catches fire... i would recommend a 2 mile radious as a safe zone cool.png

I had just purchased a 223 saiga mid crisis and have found ammo a little here a little there. The only stuff I paid $1+ a round for was some winchester PDX. I did buy some M855 for about 45 cents a round and a variety of commercial stuff for about the same price from different places. All brass cased actually haven't seen any steel cased in a while.

I did trade some stuff to a friend that needed some .45 and in part of the return he give me a box of tula that his AR didn't like. It functioned fine in the saiga.

As far as all you guys coming down so hard on the OP, get ya panties out of a dang twist and lighten the heck up. It was pretty obviously a JOKE.

Edit: I did see some surplus shit for $1+ a round. I figured I'd just stick to shooting 308 if I was going to pay $1 a round.

Edited by jojo200517

So...

How do you like paying a buck per round???

haha.gifhaha.gifhaha.gif

7.62x39 AKs WIN the endless AK vs AR debate!!!!!

I had a response typed up, but erased it. The others are right, grow the fuck up, we are all gun owners and hobbyists here. Now really isnt the time to be distracted with this 'Chevy vs Ford' bullshit.

Edited by mostholycerebus
I had a response typed up, but erased it. The others are right, grow the fuck up, we are all gun owners and hobbyists here. Now really isnt the time to be distracted with this 'Chevy vs Ford' bullshit.

You're only saying that because you know Ford is better than Chevy.

• Like 1