I reload, managed to stock up on reloading supplies before doomsday, so I am still at about 17 cents a round for 55g Hornaday SP. Can make several thousand rounds. Now, if this BS continues for years, then I will be screwed.

And yes, Ford is better.

I had a response typed up, but erased it. The others are right, grow the fuck up, we are all gun owners and hobbyists here. Now really isnt the time to be distracted with this 'Chevy vs Ford' bullshit.

You're only saying that because you know Ford is better than Chevy.

Is not!

And yes, Ford is better.

Is not!

I would guess that most, if not all "AR-15 guys" already have a huge fucking shit pile of ammo already, and are not paying anything.

Tony

I have enough not to have to pay the gouge rate of today. I also have many other calibers that I can shoot with different rifles. I am lucky to have the ability to use the oh so cheap 7.62x54r. I had a shop owner tell me last year that I would have a hard time finding 54r ammo in a crisis situation because it's an odd round. Who's laughing now?

I only wish I had bought a few thousand rounds of 7.62x51 when it was cheap.

The only rifle caliber that I've less than 4K of. horror.gif

Edited by ChileRelleno
This thread...................has not gone how the OP had planned.bad_smile.gif

Actually, it is.

Ever feel giddy and just want to poke the hornet's nest, then come back in a day or two to see how it developed. biggrin.png

AR vs AK and a few other subjects are sure-fire wins in that regard.

I don't know why we have this thread. I assume most of us are AK owners, and I seriously doubt many of us do not have an AR platform. I have both, at least for now, and I assume most of us do.

• Like 1
Why have the argument... Rock River LAR-47... AR that fires the AK round and takes standard AK mags...now if they only made it piston driven...

Complicated rifle that negates the AKs reliability, coupled with underpowered round that negates the ARs long-range accuracy. The perfect combination of FAIL.

It may become a better option if we see commercial sub-MOA 7.62x39 that can do well past 300 yards.

• Like 1
Why have the argument... Rock River LAR-47... AR that fires the AK round and takes standard AK mags...now if they only made it piston driven...

I'd rather pay a little more for the Sig556R.

So...

How do you like paying a buck per round???

:haha2::haha2::haha2:

7.62x39 AKs WIN the endless AK vs AR debate!!!!!

Leviathan,

I have an AR. I pay $7/box of 20rds. I couldn't be happier with my recent purchase. AK's suck for accuracy. So you blend the two together to get the best of both worlds. AR chambered in 7.62x39 that will have a guaranteed groups at 100 yards.

D217FC26-5866-4AED-BB2A-E963C2AF9120-257

042EEB55-F294-4E79-9C4D-FF3BEC932195-257

Thus debate is over. :P

AK's suck for accuracy.

Really? They are very capable as a 300 meter battle rifle.

With aimed shots, I can hit center of mass on a human silhouette just about every time at 300 yards.

That is what they are designed to be capable of, they are not target rifles and should not be expected to perform as such.

Just as every military M4 doesn't group 1MOA or less, they are more than accurate enough for what they're designed to do.

Poor accuracy? Blame the booger hook on the trigger.

• Like 2

^^^ True.

Mine does just fine out to 100, and so fine, in fact, that I have little doubt I can do 300 yards and hit it just fine. I haven't done it, because I have another rifle much better suited for such long range compared to either an AR or AK. For me, the low power really is a no-go for such long-range use. Not that it cannot do it, but because of the loss of punch at such distances.

So...

How do you like paying a buck per round???

haha.gifhaha.gifhaha.gif

7.62x39 AKs WIN the endless AK vs AR debate!!!!!

Leviathan,

I have an AR. I pay $7/box of 20rds. I couldn't be happier with my recent purchase. AK's suck for accuracy.

Not this shit again. deadhorse.gif