Izhmash Tigr SVD version

I just wanted to show you guys what im saving up for wink.png

tigr2_01.jpg

tigr2_02.jpg

tigr2_04.jpg

Izhmash made Tigr with the nice wood stock and flashhider, closest thing to an original SVD.

Costs about 1900€ = 2500$ new from my dealer. They have been up for sale for about 2 years here in Germany.

• Like 2

I got the SVDS paratroop version (shorter thicker barrel,thicker receiver and folding stock) and love it.Only thing I have done is swap the black plastic handguards for Soviet laminate.It came with two 10r steel mags,the original Soviet bipod that clamps on the receiver,a POSP 8x42vd scope with the correct SVD 1000m rangefinder,1200m rear sight and original Soviet dropcase.It is a 7.62x54r and was one of only two for sale in the UK, the other was a .308 (i wanted the 'proper' calibre ;) ).I say save your pennies and go for it, a full lenght one like the one in your pic is next on my list :)

post-44524-0-73091100-1362509375_thumb.jpg

• Like 2
Love that safety...wonder if I can get one for my 223

It wouldn't fit as on a SVD it also holds the trigger group in.If you turn it up to the 12o'clock position you can withdraw it from the receiver and remove the complete trigger assembly as a unit :)

so are those single shot or semi in your country? how restrictive are your gun laws?

They are single shot, you have to manually cycle the bolt, but we have no restriction on mag capacity.AKs etc require no compliance parts so can be 100% Russian (Romanian etc) and can be bought with all the usual AK features already fitted (pistol grips, furniture,muzzle brakes etc).We can have semi-auto shotguns but handguns are banned with the exception of black powder muzzleloaders and long-barrelled pistols (barrels must be 300mm long and an overall lenght of 600mm, they have an extended armrest affair coming off the pistol grip).Obviously you need a valid FAC to own any firearm.

so are those single shot or semi in your country? how restrictive are your gun laws?

In Germany its a Semi Auto, the Laws are a bit complicated.

As a sportshooter like me one can only buy guns that are approved for competition use. Before buying a gun I have to fill out a form and send it to the Sportshooter Union and then they confirm that i indeed am an active shooter and then I must still go to the district office and get the first stamp in my license reading then Semiauto - 7,62x54R in this case. Then im able to purchase the gun, return within 2 weeks to the district office and get the final stamp.

Getting a Gun license isnt really hard, it takes 1 year of active shooting in a club. There are about 3 different license cards, Green is for hunters and sportshooters buying semiauto rifles or pistols, Yellow is mainly for Sporters buying any boltaction guns and red is for collectors.

The main thing here that pisses me off is that i cant buy, for example, a AKS-74U because of the 7,62x39 any cases under 40mm are only allowed for hunters and collectors. But one could buy a gun using the 7,62x39 but i musnt look like a military gun...

In my case I have the Saiga on my green license and my Mosin Nagant on the yellow one.

Down side for Hunters is that they are only allowed 2 handguns and any semiauto rifle must be restricted to 2 rounds mag capacity.

Kinda complicated here but once you get the hang of things its not so bad.

Edited by Scorpion0631

These are the three i have on my FAC at the moment, the SVDS, a Romanian Cugir made AKM (7.62x39) and a Saiga MK/AK-104(7.62x39).In the UK an AKS-74u would be impossible to own legally as it would be too short, plus the fact that 5.45x39 ammunition is virtually impossible to get hold of sad.png

post-44524-0-89285700-1362658225_thumb.jpg

Oh that sucks, 7,62x39 is all over here in the surplus market, same as the 54R, cheapest ammo I've seen around.

Nice collection by the way.

Thank you :)

7.62x39,54r and 5.56/.223 steel-cased surplus ammo is plentiful over here but I haven't seen any dealers selling 5.45 ammo,let alone AKs chambered in 5.45.

7.62x39 is around $35 for 100 rounds, 54r is around $37 for a 100.

• 1 year later...

Costs about  1900€ = 2500$ new from my dealer. They have been up for sale for about 2 years here in Germany.

Can you please find out if you dealer can get and sell a polymer furniture set and the front site/flash hider, my UK hasn't come up with either and I been waiting since April last year. Thanks