6-1/2" Saiga 12 SBS.... it's ALIVE!

I second the night vid. Really awesome stuff there.

I lol'd when you growled and said "this stuff sucks". You could tell how hard you had worked to make a crap round run.

On a side note, how often have you kicked the same MD drums around that way? Have you had any issues?

I know that they are the best as I have, well, let's just say several and have never had any issues, but I don't toss 'em around like that.

On a side note, how often have you kicked the same MD drums around that way? Have you had any issues?

I know that they are the best as I have, well, let's just say several and have never had any issues, but I don't toss 'em around like that.

Ah heck, he was on grass... Haven't you seem Mike's torture testing his drums?

These drums are pretty damned tough.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/30164-new-tourture-test-videos-posted/

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/30164-new-tourture-test-videos-posted/

Yea, I've seen them. I was just wondering how they held up being tossed around repeatedly. They had damage after the torture tests, but still worked. I was curious about any cracks, ears breaking off where the metal is attached etc.

Yea, I've seen them. I was just wondering how they held up being tossed around repeatedly. They had damage after the torture tests, but still worked. I was curious about any cracks, ears breaking off where the metal is attached etc.

I have thrown them in the back of a truck, fired them in rain that was so hard that I had to dump the water out before inserting them into the weapon, thrown them on top of each other, dropped them on asphalt, dropped them in the dirt, and just generally not gave a shit about them. I like to find a products limitations and these have no limitations under even somewhat abusive conditions. They have always worked fine, no cracks, etc.. Sometimes the feed lip will almost get knocked off, but you just press it forward until it is back in place and raise hell again. I rate these right there with Glock mags, for durability and reliability. I'm positive that ProMags would not take what these have without some degree of functional or structural failure.

Not how big, how many...

I think I worked out what your next project that needs a stamp and a lathe is. I suspect that your 6.5" SBS will get a removable extension and an increase in diameter and a decrease in noise.

It better be, because otherwise I am wasting an absurd grin.

Very impressive! How big are the gas ports?

5 @ .078".... about the same as a factory VEPR 12

Not how big, how many...

I think I worked out what your next project that needs a stamp and a lathe is. I suspect that your 6.5" SBS will get a removable extension and an increase in diameter and a decrease in noise.

It better be, because otherwise I am wasting an absurd grin.

Sorry, not it, but there is something like that a few projects down on the short list. The next couple of projects are going to be a while to reach 100% completion. They will both be groundbreaking though. I have some fairly involved swimming pool projects coming up and I look to make the best of daylight savings time, so I won't have much time for anything outside of the regular basic gunsmithing for the local shop. It will likely be a while before I do anything interesting. For now, I'm just going to send out some forms and wait.