factory rail sight removal

My last S-12 came with an adjustable front sight "rail" thing over the gas tube. Whats the best way to remove without damage. Looks like just push/knock out the pin in the rear sight? I don't want it, but someone else might. Thanks.

There are other threads about this that may be more detailed than my post here but here are the basics.

1. Depress leaf spring that acts as detent for front adjustment knob. Unscrew front adjustment knob until front is disconnected.

2. Knock pin out at rear and remove rail.

This will take the rail itself off. If you want to preserve this for later use, be careful not to lose the springs or adjustment screw. If you are doing this to install a quad rail or something similar, then there may be more work required depending ion which one you choose. This could mean grinding/ filing down the post that the adjustment knob attaches to. With an extended quad rail, drifting out or grinding/ filing down the rear sight base that the rib was pinned in may be necessary.

• Like 1