Just received a Halo Mfg 4 rail handguard

This is thing is bad ass, my friends. The prototype was made from some sort of reinforced plastic, but it is rigid as hell and mounted up dead fucking nuts on the money. No fiddle fucking with this thing to get it to fit.

When the production units are ready, I am sure they are going to be top notch. You can see one of the prototypes on the Tromix website at www.tromix.com

I have nothing to do with Halo Mfg, other then plan on using their forends on future Tromix conversions.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

Tony,

What are you going to do about your existing sight set-up? Are you going to leave te H&K sights off and use the 4-rail sights, or lob-off the rail's sights and stay with the H&K's? I really like the sight picture on the H&K's and the longer sight radius can only help.

-P.

The price is more than I paid for the gun. He might want to re-think that.

This one has always struck me too.

I think of it this way, All accessories are expensive relative to the price of the Saiga. But that's more because Saiga's are such a bargain. Because they are a bargain, I have more $ to devote to shooting and dressing it. At least that's what I tell my wife.

Bottom line is ... they are either worth their price or not (should be independant of the shotgun price). They aren't that far off pricing for other rail systems, and the are the only game in town, and this is introductory pricing (could come down, might not).

IF I wanted a VFG, this sighting system, a light (or laser), a cool look with a solid mount then this would do the trick nicely.

I agree with your point from a "before we manufacture decision making process". Lots of folks may own a Saiga because it's a bargain. Pricing on the rail is likely not going to be something they'll go for, so you have to ask if you have a marketable idea given the ownership pool. Other owners have the Saiga as it is a great shotgun, and would have bought one at 3 or 4x the price. Some of them will love the utility this rail system offers. Question is how many owners are in each pool.

I posted a thread on "thehighroad" or "thefiringline" some time back stating that I was going to have more money tied up in magazines than in the firearm. Nobody ever guessed which firearm I was referring to :devil: .

Edited by kmoore

In other words...

If you paid $1200-$1500 for your Saiga Shotty.... would it THEN be ok to spend $250.00 on a rail system!??!?

Personally... I like the fact that they are the best bargain going for a semi auto shotty!!

Agreed... more loot to spend on shooting and dressing it up!!

:smoke:

The price is more than I paid for the gun. He might want to re-think that.

They aren't that far off pricing for other rail systems, and the are the only game in town, and this is introductory pricing (could come down, might not).

AR rails are ridiculously priced comparative to the materials and machining as well. I hear 'ya, but that still doesn't justify the cost of most "tactical" rails. At my club we were commenting on how vests and pants sold as just vests and pants that are identical to those sold as "tactical" are a fraction of the cost of the "tacticals." I figure this is the same BS game. What the gun cost alone should not be a guage of the cost of accessories, but, having said that, accessories should be priced based on cost and a reasonable profit, not what you think you can get for them. The yellow pages is covered with defunct businesses that tried that. Do you think any rails cost over $300 to build?

Edited by inparidel

Looks like bling bling for the casual shooter, but might be a solid platform for those who have to go house to house for a living. For most of us, it's just something new to add to our Saiga, but you have to remember the guys going out of country, and some of the LEO's. For them, a hi cap shotty with this type rail platform might be the right tool for the job and the cost isn't a big factor. For the guys who take their guns to work, it's the equivalent to Snap On tools to a mechanic as long as it's a quality product when it hits the market.

Tony's mod + that rail =door kickers paradise.

P.S., to answer inparidel''s post below. It has nothing to do with money when your engaging targets that shoot back. People in those positions need an edge, any edge. I've seen a lot of pictures of our troops overseas in buildings with no lighting and shit hung all over their weapons. If uncle sam doesn't buck up, I think a lot in that position might take it into their own hands if it helps them stay in the game. Who's to say what the manufacturer might do if enough units are involved, or like in the case of class 3 weapons cost for LEO vs U.S. citizen pricing.

Edited by 6500rpm
Looks like bling bling for the casual shooter, but might be a solid platform for those who have to go house to house for a living. For most of us, it's just something new to add to our Saiga, but you have to remember the guys going out of country, and some of the LEO's. For them, a hi cap shotty with this type rail platform might be the right tool for the job and the cost isn't a big factor. For the guys who take their guns to work, it's the equivalent to Snap On tools to a mechanic as long as it's a quality product when it hits the market.

What you are saying is that if you are a LEO or military, that price is no object because there are always more taxpayers to feed the Haliburton, or whomever no-bid corrupt $3000 toilet seat machine. I think that stinks too.

Here's a preliminary pic.

I still need to refinish the gun, then add the accessories. Since this is a 12" gun and the gas block has been moved back 2", the back of the tactical light will actually sit inside the handguard about 2" and extend out to the base of the muzzle brake.

http://www.hunt101.com/showphoto.php?photo=349571

What you are saying is that if you are a LEO or military, that price is no object because there are always more taxpayers to feed the Haliburton, or whomever no-bid corrupt $3000 toilet seat machine. I think that stinks too.

Perhaps, but don't overlook tha fact that a lot of law enforcement agencies are small and their officers have to buy their own equipment.

man, i got 2 s12's i want tony to mod...guess i'll have to wait til these are in production!

you know, looking at this thing, if you mill off the rear sight, you could mount one of those stand alone m16a2 rear sights on the rear of the receiver cover for a lot better sight radius! it looks like they would cowitness just right!

man, i got 2 s12's i want tony to mod...guess i'll have to wait til these are in production!

you know, looking at this thing, if you mill off the rear sight, you could mount one of those stand alone m16a2 rear sights on the rear of the receiver cover for a lot better sight radius! it looks like they would cowitness just right!

I was kinda thinking the same thing, but more along the lines of those G3 sights Tony does.

It would rule if somone would make a quad-rail like the Halo one, but the top rail extened the full length of the top and could even attach on the side scope mount for stability. Basically thinking of a Saiga version of the rail system on the Robinson XCR, quad rail up front with a full length flat-top style top rail. That would be as tactical as a............................... tactical...........................................thing.

I was kinda thinking the same thing, but more along the lines of those G3 sights Tony does.

It would rule if somone would make a quad-rail like the Halo one, but the top rail extened the full length of the top and could even attach on the side scope mount for stability. Basically thinking of a Saiga version of the rail system on the Robinson XCR, quad rail up front with a full length flat-top style top rail. That would be as tactical as a............................... tactical...........................................thing.

You have the same rail Idea for the Saiga 12 epsylum as I do. You'd think that someone would build a system like the one that you mentioned. The only problem with the top rail is that the dust cover has to be secured so that any optic that is installed on it will hold zero. Krebs Custom is working on one for the AK but it wouldn't fit the Saiga 12. Sidearmor has a rail for the Bennilli called the M-/m1014 picatinny rail interface. http://www.sidearmor.net/cart/customer/hel...83136fb23f43178 When their homepage comes up click on shotgun mounts in the box on the left hand side of the page. When the next page comes up go to the left side of the page and click on new products. When that page comes up scroll down to the bottom and theirs the picture. It has a full length top rail. I would like to see one like this for the Saiga 12 with a picatinny rail handguard attached to the top rail. how to design it for the dust cover is a problem.

Edited by TacticalResponse