• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

yep i did it got me an m352 a2 deuce and a half.   heres some pics.  

Remember...if you get a Deuce stuck...it's YOUR fault, not the truck's.   Enjoy it!

yes i did.

Posted Images

Wow... a Duece with no brakes?! That would be horrifying! horror.gif

Reminds me of that scene in the first Rambo movie, when he rammed the police cars at the "road block." No special effects needed! They took a Duece and ran over two police cars with it! :up:

• Like 3
Wow... a Duece with no brakes?! That would be horrifying! horror.gif

Reminds me of that scene in the first Rambo movie, when he rammed the police cars at the "road block." No special effects needed! They took a Duece and ran over two police cars with it! 032.gif

hmm i wonder what a full on collision into a deuce would be like...........................................................

A friend of mine died last month. I was with him when he purchased one of these (a chopped down version). Paid like $10k for it, if I recall. I suspect his widow will probably want to sell it. Going to find out more about it later this month. She's staying with her family overseas for the month.

A friend of mine died last month. I was with him when he purchased one of these (a chopped down version). Paid like $10k for it, if I recall. I suspect his widow will probably want to sell it. Going to find out more about it later this month. She's staying with her family overseas for the month.

bobbed deuces are nice. p.s. sorry about your friend.

The Deuce is built to be so strong, I have heard of guys busting holes in the side of the block with a snapped rod and still driving 50 miles! I wish they had built them with more reliable brakes. They are a single circuit so any single loss of brake fluid (A line, or wheel cylinder) causes COMPLETE 100% brake loss. I experienced it and it was scary as hell, I am damn lucky I was able to stop and not harm anyone or anything.

Aside from that, they are awesome.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
The Deuce is built to be so strong, I have heard of guys busting holes in the side of the block with a snapped rod and still driving 50 miles! I wish they had built them with more reliable brakes. They are a single circuit so any single loss of brake fluid (A line, or wheel cylinder) causes COMPLETE 100% brake loss. I experienced it and it was scary as hell, I am damn lucky I was able to stop and not harm anyone or anything.

Aside from that, they are awesome.

yeah a guy over steel soldiers was running his rpm's too high and threw a rod. was still able to drive it home. heres the link. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?96654-Death-of-a-Multifuel

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

Thanks for posting that link, I know there was a story of a guy who went quite a bit farther after a very comparable incident. In the 50s when the M34s and M35s were put out with gas engines having a single circuit brakes was the norm, but in the 70s when they updated them to Multi fuel I cant believe they didnt upgrade the brake system.

Either way, I think its the best pickup truck I could ever own, fallowed by my Ram Cummins 2500.

Don't they have airbrakes in them?

The cylinders when failing will be in an open or braking state.

I guess after reading the above posts they were not designed with redundancy. If I ever owned one that would be on the list of upgrades...

Edited by Syndicate
Don't they have airbrakes in them?

The cylinders when failing will be in an open or braking state.

I guess after reading the above posts they were not designed with redundancy. If I ever owned one that would be on the list of upgrades...

They are NOT air brakes, they are Air over hydraulic. They are just like brakes in a pickup truck, except instead of using vacuum assist, they use pressure assist.

Just like on a pickup, you blow a wheel cylinder, you loose fluid pressure for all wheels on that circuit. Unlike your pickup, that has two circuits, the Deuce has only one.

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...