Firebird 15 Round Magazine Assembly

I purchased a couple of couplers along with a couple SGM Tac Saiga 12 round mags for my 5 round mags that came with the gun.

Was not aware the followers from the factory 10 round mag would be needed.

If the original followers will not work is there any place selling the factory 10 round followers?

• 4 weeks later...
hope nobody here lives in Colorado, all your money spent on the 10 round and above will be all for not.

and I have a feeling this is just a start.

Yeah I live here in Colorado... But if you had the mags before July 1st, 2013 they will still be legal, hence why I bought several more of the conversion kits from Salem 6 so I could convert back and forth. Let them prove otherwise.....

Anubis,

I am having problems screwing the two halfs of the adapter together. I cant even get the threads to start on the correct side, even when not fit the halfs together. If I start the bolt on the opposite side of the insert (outside of adapter), it will start but only get about half a thread before it starts to bind, like it is the wrong thread count. Tried chasing the threads of one insert with oil and one of the bolts, thinking it may have some molding flash on the threads and the insert came loose. What to you think?

The inserts are brass, so they feel "sticky". The thread pitch is the same, run the screws fully through the inserts from the back of the adapter to "set" the inserts into the plastic, then you should be able to assemble them with no problem.