Vepr-12 Safety Levers- Works on a Saiga-12? Where can I find them?

Ever since I saw the new Vepr-12, the shotgun made me drool. But what I loved more than anything else on it, was the safety lever. Being a lefty, it's awesome to see one on an AK platform by default. Having said that, anyone know where I can score 1 or 2?

Question is, will it also fit a Saiga-12? How about a AK-74? Krebs makes great safety levers, but it's focused on right-handed shooters. Would love to see if this Vepr-12 safety lever works on other AK platforms, much less find it somewhere to order.

Thanks.

the saftey on the Vepr 12 sucks, it digs into your hand (but I guess it wouldn't if your a lefty) Regardless, I don't think any factory parts are available for this gun, and no one that I have seen makes an aftermarket Safety lever for it.

• 4 months later...

the saftey on the Vepr 12 sucks, it digs into your hand (but I guess it wouldn't if your a lefty) Regardless, I don't think any factory parts are available for this gun, and no one that I have seen makes an aftermarket Safety lever for it.

Yep, I've heard this about right-handed users regarding the V12 safety. But for a lefty, it looks like it's at the right height and would be a blessing to find one.

• 2 weeks later...

I put one on my Khyber Pass. Also put one on my "FIXED" stock vepr 12. just required me drilling out the safety hole to match the other side and a small notch. I DONT recommend doing it yourself. Seen too many horror stories as of late about people who thought they knew what they were doing. I really like it. Makes manipulation of the safety much faster.

c16f989c-97ce-463a-aeca-a63e4e62d04e_zps

All finished and ready for BFPU scuffing process

DBE9B95F_zps8e74f9a0.jpg?t=1366902867

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...