UTG K47 Tactical QD Low-profile Rail System

Update:

it's holding up fine. ditched the magnified optic. not really needed for this rifle. I've had a Bushnell TRS-25, Lucid M7, and I'm getting an Eotech soon enough... This rifle is totally different now. It has a Voltor Adapter tube, Magpul CTR stock, Mission First Tactical Engage pistol grip, Midwest Ind. long forend, Venom Tactical front sight/gas block combo, and an Ares Armor Effin A Muzzle break.

• 1 month later...

Have you considered fiberoptic front sight?

I haven't tried AK front sight FO, but just ordered Hi-Viz for my CZ P-01 pistol, after shooting friends' Glocks and M&P with "fiber".

Here is Hi-Viz for AK for under $25. Quite a few reviewers complaining of it being on a loose side and suggesting use of Locktite (sounds like you just bought some?).

post-28515-0-86459200-1404485265.jpg

Also, not to pimp up UTG, but here are some illustrative images from their own site:

MNT_988Q_FEA_04.gif

MNT_988Q_FEA_03.gif

Is that how you see it in "real life" on your setup?

Thanks for detailed review and update; keep it rolling with follow ups.

If it is a "rip off" of the Krebs, then the Krebs is actually a "rip off" of the Polish Beryl.  Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.  Too often someone releases something the claim to be their own idea (often they had the idea after seeing someone else do the same thing somewhere else), release it at an  exorbitant in price, because they are the only game in town.  Then the so called experts rave about it, further building demand at the high price.  When someone else steals the idea that they stole, and sells it at an affordable price, they cry foul and claim it is junk.  

I have been doing black rifles since the 1970s.  I started in 1974 carrying an M16A1 for Uncle Sam's Big Green Machine. Since then I have carried M16s, USAF GAU-5/A/A, M1 carbines, FN FAL, HK91, and AKs as duty weapons in 6 years military, 20+ years as an LEO, and two years as a domestic security contractor. In that time, I have built more than 100 AR platforms, and restored half a dozen Saigas of various calibers.  KISS is the rule if you carry it.  Only add what you need for the specific mission ( I ran a red dot for the security contract, as it was night in the mountains. Other than that I usually do iron sights). 

I have seen a proliferation of crap and junk to bolt on to your AK or AR.  Most of it takes a 5 or 6 pound carbine and turns it into a 9 or 10 pound behemoth. If I want to carry a 9 pound rifle, it will be my HK91 battle rifle clone in 7.62x51.

Edited by imarangemaster
  • Like 1