• 2 weeks later...

OK, so having about an hour to spare last Thursday I was FINALLY able to take my little guy out for a quick initial break in. All I can say is, "WOW!!" I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS WEAPON!!

I shot (40) rounds of WWB, 115gr FMJ's and (10) rounds of WBB, 147gr HP's. I fired these rounds both suppressed and unsupressed using a Gemtech, MultiMount suppressor. Using a factory MKE magazine I had zero failures of any sort...funny enough though that when I switched to a HK straight mag I had 2 FTF's. Note that I also switched at that time to 147gr HP's when using the HK mag. I attribute this mainly to needing to be "broken in" and I'm sure this all will iron out after I get about 300-500 rounds down the pipe.

I was having regrets about selling my AR15/9mm SBR but after shooting my MP5 clone all I can say is I have a new found LOVE...and it has Heckler & Koch written all over it!

Semper Fi,
Gunny

With that cool collapsible stock why would you ever want to put the plastic fixed one on?

Because that HK collapsible stock is not the most comfortable to shoot against your cheek. Just say'n (not knocking it).

Another option, which I personally believe is better, is to go with a Brugger & Thomet (B&T) folding stock, such as the one below. It's what my HK MP5 clone (a Dakota Tactical D-34 9mm carbine) will be wearing. There are two versions of this B&T folding stock; a shorter one and a standard length. The standard length pictured below has a rubber insert running along its top where the shooter's cheek rests.

Although. . . being that Gunny has an actual SBR MP5 clone, the slightly shorter version of the stock would likely be considered more appropriate for his particular firearm.

BampTHKFoldingStockforMP5andHK94_zps9597

Edited by Gary
  • Like 2
It does look nice.

With that cool collapsible stock why would you ever want to put the plastic fixed one on?

To get a proper cheek weld for better placed shots and in case you need to stomp someone in the face with the end of the butt stock. ;)

Because that HK collapsible stock is not the most comfortable to shoot against your cheek. Just say'n (not knocking it).

Another option, which I personally believe is better, is to go with a Brugger & Thomet (B&T) folding stock, such as the one below. It's what my HK MP5 clone (a Dakota Tactical D-34 9mm carbine) will be wearing. There are two versions of this B&T folding stock; a shorter one and a standard length. The standard length pictured below has a rubber insert running along its top where the shooter's cheek rests.

Although. . . being that Gunny has an actual SBR MP5 clone, the slightly shorter version of the stock would likely be considered more appropriate for his particular firearm.

Got pics of your D-34? I was considering the B&T stock but after considering the pro/con of folding or collapsible I had to stick with the original look. I do have plans to get a MP5K-PDW version and of course that will not anything other than a folder so I'm stuck with that option in this case. Just need to really think what will the PDW do that the standard MP5 doesn't already fulfill?

Thank everyone for all your commentary!

Semper Fi,

Gunny

Got pics of your D-34? I was considering the B&T stock but after considering the pro/con of folding or collapsible I had to stick with the original look . . .

Semper Fi,

Gunny

Below is a Dakota Tactical website photo of their D-34 9mm Carbine. Along with the B&T stock, I've procured other items to "dress it up" some. Come the first part of April I will have had it on order with them for a year (Dakota Tactical doesn't have a quick turn-around time with their orders, but I know that going into it).

I fully appreciate you going for the "classic look" with the collapsible stock, it absolutely looks terrific. Glad to hear that you at least considered the B&T folding stock. You've got an absolutely SWEET gun there Gunny! Congratulations again.

DakotaTacticalD349mmCarbine-1.jpg

Edited by Gary
It does look nice.

To get a proper cheek weld for better placed shots and in case you need to stomp someone in the face with the end of the butt stock. wink.png

Got pics of your D-34?

Semper Fi,

Gunny

Sure! This is one of the very first "34's" made. All HK from a new demilled MP5 on an LSC receiver. Made by Jeff Walters.

http://i563.photobucket.com/albums/ss72/ddoneill/IMG_0628_zps872fead4.jpg

http://i563.photobucket.com/albums/ss72/ddoneill/IMG_0630_zpsad8a6949.jpg

• Like 1

I like it, thats looks like an awesome shooter!. Have you had a chance to sight it in yet? Whats the max range you feel comfortable with? I can engage targets with my SBR WELL BEYOND what I would ever try and use a 9mm handgun for.

Aww "G" you'll be showing yours off in a year or two.......................bwaahhh.021.gif

• Like 1
I like it, thats looks like an awesome shooter!. Have you had a chance to sight it in yet? Whats the max range you feel comfortable with? I can engage targets with my SBR WELL BEYOND what I would ever try and use a 9mm handgun for.

I know this might sound dumb but I zero all my MP platforms @ 100M, "K"'s included. They will do that easily and I pretty much shoot this distance with these 99% of the time. My 10 year old daughter can easily hit cans at this distance with these as well as my UMP's in 9mm and .45. She is a good shot and is not intimidated by guns. The 34 makes a great turkey gun. 124 gr +P or not , head shots or 155 gr FMJ makes small holes.

• Like 1
I know this might sound dumb but I zero all my MP platforms @ 100M, "K"'s included. They will do that easily and I pretty much shoot this distance with these 99% of the time. My 10 year old daughter can easily hit cans at this distance with these as well as my UMP's in 9mm and .45. She is a good shot and is not intimidated by guns. The 34 makes a great turkey gun. 124 gr +P or not , head shots or 155 gr FMJ makes small holes.

Are you running iron sights or an optic if an optic which one?

Aww "G" you'll be showing yours off in a year or two.......................bwaahhh.021.gif

NOT funny!!!!! **smirking**

Joe (Dakota Tactical) actually informed me weeks ago that he sees no problem with having my gun completed by mid-June.

(and yea. . . obviously I harbor the notion that pigs can fly.)

Are you running iron sights or an optic if an optic which one?

Russian PK-23 RD. 1.5 MOA dot, very small, works @ night and great for precision shots. It's pictured on the gun.

NOT funny!!!!! **smirking**

Joe (Dakota Tactical) actually informed me weeks ago that he sees no problem with having my gun completed by mid-June.

(and yea. . . obviously I harbor the notion that pigs can fly.)

Strangely enough, you are one of the most patient people on this planet. June is just a drop in the bucket for you considering the past "It's just around the corner" episodes.

• Like 1
Strangely enough, you are one of the most patient people on this planet. June is just a drop in the bucket for you considering the past "It's just around the corner" episodes.

I appreciate the kind words.

Alas, as of a couple days ago I've learned that the targeted June completion date has likely slipped right for an additional four more months. I'm tell'n ya, do I know how to pick'em (e.g., custom gunsmiths) or what?!?!?!

Excuse me, but I need to go find the nearest brick wall. . . and beat my head against it.

I could be mistaken but did you not get that Galil back pretty quick?

Tis true. Jeff Miller of Hillbilly Firearms was extraordinarily quick with his turnaround. But that was an anomaly to my track record. GeorgiaPD I believe was referring to the assclowns that operate out of Hawaii and my Saiga IZ-240 rifle.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

It only took a little over a year Praetorian. (Thank God; praise the Lord and baby-Jesus laugh.png)

CIMG5375_zps710478e6.jpg

CIMG5378_zpsedcfefd5.jpg

CIMG5390_zps2b22336d.jpg

CIMG5376_zpsb4416361.jpg

Edited by Gary