MD Arms 20 Round Drum

They are held on by squeezing around the two plastic dots on either side of the drum. Push the clip from the inside of the lips with a screw driver. Carefully pry the feed lip "clip" off of both of the opposing pegs. Then, slide them off. If you don't want the feedlip clip and it is not damaged, I might be interested in buying it. Send me a message if you want to get rid of them. Might be nice to have some around.D

Edited by Nephilim7

Well, Keven, I don't want to modify the gun, just the mag. I saw another photo somewhere that mixed the drum and the magazine for the Akdal MKA 1919. And since there are no drums for MKA, we have to make our own. And, if you ever try to pull an Obama and take my guns from me...

The feedlips are a single piece of steel that wrap around the back of the feed tower to bot sides of the tower (like a paper clip around a thick piece of paper). They maintain grip on the mag by squeezing the two "pegs" (seen as black dots) on either side. The "pegs" are a part of the plastic tower. The feedlips piece of steel can be gently pryed open to let the holes in the steel slide away from the pegs. Once the pegs or lobes are no longer captive, the steel slides right off the feed tower (top of mag).

*The "pegs" or lobes can be seen clearly as circles in the picture posted above. One on both sides of the mag feed tower.

This is great. Now, I'm confused....

I'm as confused as you are.

We now have a bond of confusion ;)

Tip....

When getting your picture post ready, put your cursor where you want the photo to end up, and click the "add to post" icon after the pic is uploaded. This will embed the image in the actual post. Others can right click and "save image/picture as" and take it to the paint program and draw arrows or whatever on it to help you out. I would have done it, but the pic was not added to the post, it was in there as an attachment. It took me a minute to figure out what was going on there and why I couldn't nab the pic.