Finally done with my conversion

Finally completed my conversion! I did the back end conversion months ago, but iv been deciding what I wanted to do to the front for a while. I decided to go all tws with the dog leg and the handguard. I liked the idea of the handguard because it was easy to install and I didn't have to go through the grief of slotting the barrel for the handguard retainer and all that job initials. I have to say, with the peep sight on the gun, the sight picture is light years better...

All I need now is to get the gun refinished and get a decent optic and it's complete. I also want to get a vertical grip and some rail covers but those things are not important.

The tws stuff is top notch, worth every penny. It really brings the quality of the gun up ten fold.

post-19646-0-63100600-1362944694_thumb.jpg

post-19646-0-47272000-1362944707_thumb.jpg

Edited by JCP281
  • Like 1

Also for anyone wondering... the reason the peep sight is slid so far forward is because if I put it all the way back, the front sight shrouds are to small. You have to move it forward to make the peep the same size of the front post.

EDIT: Here is a vid of everything iv done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT-UFKVoMy0

Edited by JCP281
Looks great! You have the same components it seems that I am going to do mine in soon!

Cant recommend them more. Texas weapon systems stuff is top notch. The ONLY thing I hate about the TWS is the dogleg cover mounting system. The way it pins in is stupid.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Finally completed my conversion! I did the back end conversion months ago, but iv been deciding what I wanted to do to the front for a while. I decided to go all tws with the dog leg and the handguard. I liked the idea of the handguard because it was easy to install and I didn't have to go through the grief of slotting the barrel for the handguard retainer and all that job initials. I have to say, with the peep sight on the gun, the sight picture is light years better...

All I need now is to get the gun refinished and get a decent optic and it's complete. I also want to get a vertical grip and some rail covers but those things are not important.

The tws stuff is top notch, worth every penny. It really brings the quality of the gun up ten fold.

I was wondering if your TWS hand guard has bushings? It seems like they have a new 2013 version and went back to the bushings after having heat problems when they took them away in their 2nd generation hand guards. How is the heat on sustained fire? Is that the standard or extended length also? Do you think if you had magpul flip up sights and removed the front sight they would clear the middle section?