Where to find a VEPR 7.62x54r?

There is nothing wrong with the centerfire guns and they do have the squared off receiver. Almost everyone changes out the furniture anyway and standard AK stocks will work. You might really considering biting the bullet if cost is an issue because it may be a long time before they get imported again if they don't get cutoff altogether.

If you have the stock square back furniture off of it, please give it to me! I took the time to sand it all down, stain and seal it. (Ill have to post a pic.) It was fun and I'd like to do a few different colors of stain for entertainment purposes.

how much would you pay for the furniture? have to see if it would cut down the cost enough to justify getting one of these lol

lol, i was hoping not too much since theyre all sorts of unfinished. Plus supposidly the cost and centerfire is almost back to "normal" prices. But I mean, throw me a number and ill see what i can swing.

I wonder why they won't discount the 23" model? How much performance would I lose with the 16.5"?

http://brassstacker.com/skin/common_files/images/BrandonClarkReport.pdf

Looks like a 16.5" barrel will probably get you right at around 2550 fps with 147 grain light ball surplus. That's compared to the 2800 fps you would get from a Mosin 91/30's full length 28.75" barrel. According to the paper, a 23" would net you about 2700 fps and a 20.5" would net you about 2650 fps.

• 2 weeks later...