AVAILABLE . . . . . .Mag release UPDATED!

My Firebird mag button doesn't do that.

YEP, thats exactly what I'm talking about. If you dont press down exactly on top of the bolt it will slide through

bottoming out the release button and no ejection of the mag....(see picture) Someone needs to make the bolt

and release button all as one unit. or maybe just flange out the top of the bolt itself.

Variations in diameter of the screw head, some of them will slip a little, some of them are pretty snug.

Does it have anything to do with if you installed it yourself? Firebird did mine as part of their conversion.

Our new mag releases are designed like AR releases, they've been waiting a month for the machine but they're going into production next week. This issue will be a thing of the past very soon.

the only way I could see solving this problem is to make the button and bolt all one piece.

Your right that it's not a design flaw on the part of any US company. But it is a design flaw

that the US companies are following, I think a much better design could be developed and improved upon than this.

You guys can do it.smile.png

Edited by SHOTGUN MESIAH
We can get ours to do the same , IF we REALLY try, and I mean using both hands and working at it. I have yet been able to get the bolt to push out when dropping a mag, partially because of our design, it makes it highly unlikely, we also have one other "trick" when installing to help prevent this.

the "trick" you speak of wouldn't happen to be a drop of gorilla-glue ?

That is what I did and now all is good.

We can get ours to do the same , IF we REALLY try, and I mean using both hands and working at it. I have yet been able to get the bolt to push out when dropping a mag, partially because of our design, it makes it highly unlikely, we also have one other "trick" when installing to help prevent this.

the "trick" you speak of wouldn't happen to be a drop of gorilla-glue ?

That is what I did and now all is good.

While along the same line, not exactally what we use, but from what I've heard about G glue, that should work.