Traded 2 Eagle Remington 7400 10 rnd .308 mags for 2 in .30-06.

Had those 2 .308's banging around for 20 years and finally got what I originally wanted!

Guess good things do come to those who wait!

Now to tacticool the 7400 with black fore end and rails, pistol grip collapsing stock, top rail, vented handguard, and slip on muzzel brake. It along with my 740 will be a good display on the stupidity of the assault weapons bans, as nothing really changes performance except mag capacity.

big_smile.gif

Who Makes 10 rounders for Rem 740? I've never seen one.

Eta, Never mind, Brownells has them listed. Out of stock of course. I never even knew they made 10 rounders for it.

Edited by Long Shot

Eagle Manufacturing used to, if they're still in business. I saw some steel ones at Brownells made by Triple K, but they are out of stock. The 740, 742, and 7400 are almost identical except for number of locking lugs. The Eagle's are single stack, while the Triple K are double stack.

• Like 1

No real point. My 742 is going to be my burial vault test gun. Gander Mtn rates those guns at 50 bucks for parts.

Incompatible hardnesses between receiver rails and bolt, the receiver galls and the bolt starts chattering.

It's a 5 round a year deer gun, not at 500 rounds at the range a season gun.

Mine is also a piece of junk, but we got it as part of a lot.

The above is prevailing wisdom on the internet, and there are some nice chewed up pics out there,

or there were when I looked a couple years ago.