Tang/No tang effect on length of pull

Just picked up my Vepr-12 Saturday. I plan to put a Bumpski bump fire stock on it--probably because I'm not very bright.

The length of pull of the stock the previous owner put on it (he says it's a Magpul) is way too long for me:

oCgiVfT.jpg

I suspect the circled portion here is some kind of adapter:

0mU8YPU.jpg

Before I order the Bumpski, I have to figure out whether I want the standard model, for guns with a "tang" extending from the rear receiver, or the "tangless" variety, lopping off the tang and using an internal block like this one.

I'm not very mechanically comptetent, so I'd prefer to go with the standard model, but my arms are short, and shooting from a wheelchair (as I'll be doing) tends to favor short guns, so if going "tangless" makes for a significantly shorter length of pull, it's probably worth the extra effort to me.

Any guidance?

Thats ugly. Modify an ace stock block adapter to fit. That will require you to cut your tang. Css makes a buffer tube that mounts right to your gun and doesnt require you to cut the tang. But you will need to modify the buffer tube.. if i remember correctly its to thick. Hope i helped.

Your picture is way too close I can't tell what it is. Please step back further and take another picture of it.

The gun is at my sister/brother-in-law's house at the moment, so can't do another pic right now, but thanks for looking.

Thats ugly.

No argument here.

Modify an ace stock block adapter to fit. That will require you to cut your tang. Css makes a buffer tube that mounts right to your gun and doesnt require you to cut the tang. But you will need to modify the buffer tube.. if i remember correctly its to thick. Hope i helped.

I think this block is what I would use if I decide on the "tangless" option, but I'm not sure I need to go to that much trouble. I think I could use the standard model Bumpski. The only reason I might choose not to would be if cutting off the tang and going with the "tangless" version saves some length.

Thanks, both of you, for being willing to deal with my dumb, newby questions.