Saiga 12 Sight Options.

Looking into optimal sights for fast target acquiring and good sight picture, was thinking Ghost Ring style, not interested too much in any Red dot stuff or anything requiring batteries, which leads me to my next question,anything viable with tritium night sights? Edit: i just found tromix has them, but i am stick with a extended quad rail, these compatible to anyone's knowledge?

Edited by Modern Warfare
When using Dinzags front sight, do you have to change the rear sight as well?

He has a short and a tall version. From his site

Short one is designed to be used with the factory sights and the taller one is designed to work with my Press-On Upper Assembly with the AK rear sight block.

Easiest (and best IMO) solution is to just run a small dot like a Trijicon or Docter. Unless you plan on shooting things with slugs past 50 yards sights are kind of pointless but again, that's just how i feel.

I'm running with a Dinzag fsb with a Krebs rear peep. Arizona Armory can sell you a Krebs peep with out the front site if you like. I love it

Do you have a link, doesnt need to be a direct link, just leave off the .com to satisfy the forum requirements. Ive looked at their webpage but failed to find just the rear sight listed, or do you have to call? How much for just the rear?

I never found it on their page either come to think of it, sorry it's been a while since I had to track it down. I had emailed Krebs directly for starters and they referred me to him. I wrote him as well after I didn't see it on his page, and he told me he had one and to call him the next day. Don't forget to account for time zones if you go this route, I accidentally woke him up the next day and felt like an ass... But he and his lady are very nice folks and shipped my peep and AGP mag super pronto.

I moded my stock Sagia 12 front sight with a red fiber insert and drilled the stock rear sight to accept 2 very small green fiber inserts......total cost was less than $15.00. I shoot competition in open class because of the Saiga x box mags. It's very fast to aquire on target/clays. That said, lot's of shotgunner's use only the front sight..., I know the fiber rear has helped me with the longer "slug" targets, misses are uncommon. If you can get a bright fiber insert for whatever sight you decide to go with?.... try one. I have a new FastFire 3 and CCS Saiga mount I haven't bother to install yet because the home mods are fine even though I can use a "red dot" in the open class that I shoot in. I am not good with the computor or I'd post some pics...Mike

Edited by mikeAZ
I'm far from an expert but I have rear ghost ring and front AK style sights and love them. I wouldn't suggest them for bird shooting but for slugs they are extremely accurate.

Where did you get them?

I'm not sure. I bought the gun used. They look like Krebs variety but the ghost ring has a bead on top of it. Maybe an older model?

I moded my stock Sagia 12 front sight with a red fiber insert and drilled the stock rear sight to accept 2 very small green fiber inserts......total cost was less than $15.00. I shoot competition in open class because of the Saiga x box mags. It's very fast to aquire on target/clays. That said, lot's of shotgunner's use only the front sight..., I know the fiber rear has helped me with the longer "slug" targets, misses are uncommon. If you can get a bright fiber insert for whatever sight you decide to go with?.... try one. I have a new FastFire 3 and CCS Saiga mount I haven't bother to install yet because the home mods are fine even though I can use a "red dot" in the open class that I shoot in. I am not good with the computor or I'd post some pics...Mike

I've been thinking the same with mine! As I have the red dot on a detachable rear mount, I still have capability to mount fiber sights. I've had one on my Ithaca (RayBead), and it works great even in low light. The rear sight might also take a pistol sight.

Rakurs A-1. No batteries, tritium changing (when dim) chevron, side rail mount.. It may be a little pricey, but worth it.

I have a Trijicon RX-30 Reflex sight on the way for my S12 and I love the no batteries no buttons idea. Trijicon makes a good optic, I have one of their RMR's and Accupoint hunting scopes and they all work great even after lots of recoil. Much better than my Leopold Prismatic optic... it lasted a total of 700 rounds through my Saiga 762 until I started seeing the normal reticle and a very dim of centered reticle as well. Off to Leupold for a fix, I won't be buying another Leupold illuminated optic I know that much.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm far from an expert but I have rear ghost ring and front AK style sights and love them. I wouldn't suggest them for bird shooting but for slugs they are extremely accurate.

At today's trip to the range, my gun was shooting about 8 inches to the right at 50 yards. I'm not satisfied with this and am now considering different sight options. If the front sight is loose enough for this change, it is not adequate. The gun has not been abused or even moved rapidly. I'm going to wait until my next range trip to make my decision in case today was just an off day. I also realized this sight system leaves a lot desired for elevation adjustment. (Which is why I don't suggest for bird shooting)