Cycling Problem

• 4 weeks later...
It's gong to take 100+ rounds of the bulk pak(1200 FPS) stuff to get it broke in, maybe more.

I'd suggest shooting some 1300FPS first, to get it broke in, also make sure you run it WET.

My weapon will not cycle either the 1300 fps or the 1200 fps. Does this mean that I need to manually operate the bolt until it cycles or is something else wrong? Thanks.

I have a XN model.It had problems like FTF and FTE.The only way I could get rid of the problem was to do upgrades the FCG.I sent my lower to Firebird and with there FCG the gun runs perfect.The hammer and hammer spring suck.Plus it will help you make your gun closer to being 922r compliant.I shot 150 rounds of 1200 fps walmart rounds. No problems.

I am in the same boat as you. I don't have the spring or bushing though.What are you having FTF or FTE or both? I got only 70 or so shells thru. Mostly 1300 fps. From everything I read it takes some more shells. Do you have an XN model?

I am having both FTF and FTE. I have one of the early models. I am about ready to take it to a gunsmith.

I received my XN from Centerfire and took it out for the first time on Monday (Straight out of the box) with a bunch of different brands just to try it out.

Broke it in with:

10 x Winchester Rifled Slug 2 3/4" (1600 FPS)

10 x Remington Slugger 2 3/4" (1560 FPS)

25 x Rio 00 Buck 2 3/4" (1345 FPS)

5 x Winchester PDX12 Slug over 00 Buck (1150 FPS)

Then I ran a box of 25 each:

Winchester AA Super Sport Clays 2 3/4" 7.5 shot (1350 FPS)

Winchester Super Target 2 3/4" 7.5 shot (1200 FPS)

I only had one failure in the day, one of the Remington Sluggers loaded at an odd angle and got hung up. Other than that, no problems, it was fast, fun, and the recoil was not bad at all.

I received my XN from Centerfire and took it out for the first time on Monday (Straight out of the box) with a bunch of different brands just to try it out.

Broke it in with:

I only had one failure in the day, one of the Remington Sluggers loaded at an odd angle and got hung up. Other than that, no problems, it was fast, fun, and the recoil was not bad at all.

Your break-in schedule was similar to mine. Add to that I sprayed in and around the bolt with Rem Oil after every 10 rounds. By the time I was down to 1200 fps loads, she was running 100%. This was with the factory spring and no gas booster bushing. Unlike some others, I never did get aluminum shavings from the upper receiver.

I've since added the reduced power recoil spring and gas booster bushing. Still runs 100% with everything 1200 fps and faster. Runs about 60% on loads at 1145 fps.

Now that its warming up, I need to re-check some of those loads, especially the Walmart bulk Federals. The hull seems kind of soft and as it gets warmer, the softer they feel. I plan on sticking to Remington Gun Club 1200 fps loads as long as I can get them.

Bill

I tried breaking mine in with slugs and other heavy loads but it wouldn't cycle the wally world stuff until I left the bolt locked back for a few days and had around 500 rounds through it. Then I had no issues at all, unless I try to use winchester universals. The winchester's always give me problems so I just stick with federal. Seems the plastic is not as rigid so when it hits the feed ramp it bulges ever so slightly not allowing it to feed into the chamber.

Broke it in with:

The Remington Slugger 2 3/4" (1560 FPS) is out of stock everywhere I looked online. Now that is bizarre.

I have installed the gas booster bushing and the reduced recoil spring but I cannot get my weapon to cycle reduced recoil rounds. Anyone else have this problem?

open up the gasports. mine would not cycle low brass after having installed the midbarrel. ok that was expected so i started opening up the ports. i am not 100% where i would like to be yet but i will get there. currently its cycling most 28g just some problems with competition slugs.