barrel shrouds?

I've decided to go with a Chaos Titan on my S12 along with a Trijicon RMR (ill put the factory HG on when I turkey hunt) and think one of the barrel shroud/flash hider deals i seen on the CSS website would look good with the Chaos. I'm curious though, does the shroud have ANY play when installed and does it mark or scratch up the barrel at all? I don't want some rattling piece of junk on my gun. I figure a couple of you guys have used this part? Also it does count as a 922r compliant muzzle device since it thread's on correct?

BTW, if anyone knows of where i can order a Titan without waiting a month to get it let me know please.

Thank you,

dubs

Dubya - it is irrelevant whether or not the shroud counts as a muzzle device if it's a US part - the game is removing foreign parts, not adding US ones.
(that said, yeah, it's a muzzle device and one "part" by 922r)

To answer your question about barrel scratching, I got a shroud several years ago and used it a few times. After removing it a few times it did scratch some paint on the barrel near the GB. I actually don't care about that because my gun has scratches and wear all over it. I do own guns that I try to keep looking perfect, this is not one. I give my S12 strait hell and don't really care about some scratched paint, but if you do than you may not want to mess with the shrouds. Disclaimer: This is my experience with just one type of shroud and others may not have experienced any paint scraping.

Im.not 100% i want one anyway but if i pick one up and don't like it i could sell it. Another thing i like is everything is removable so i can use it at the range then when Turkey hunting or for HD have it off. Im still looking at lots of pictures trying to figure out what to do.

You know that over travel stop thats in with the factory trigger group? Can i use that with the G2 trigger? Should be in the mail today or tomorrow.

Personally I think barrel shrouds are one of the most useless things ever, but I'll be dammed if I don't like the looks of this gun... Go for it man

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/79791-cant-say-enough-how-pleased-i-am-with-my-conversion/

I agree 100% there's really no reason other than looks im thinking of trying one but i also think it might be a little overboard. Damn how iwish i could just do an SBS here in MN..

To be honest a S12 with a chaos kinda looks like a PS90 with that long skinny bbl sticking out, all unbalanced looking and stuff. After seeing that guy's gun I kinda think that they kinda need one. Maybe Chaos should start producing their own shroud and selling it as an optional package deal.

Oh plus it has to be the full length top rail model :)

Now that i looked at the link, that's actually very close to how I'm making mine same stock just no folder and a Molot grip instead of the SAW. But im planning on a Titan and barrel shroud.

I actually ended up ordering a Raptor Claw from CSS. If i don't like it i already have someone who will buy it so no loss. All i need now is a Chaos Titan. Anyone know of one in stock?

• 4 weeks later...

i got one from mississippi auto arms and it has a hard plastic insert at the end closest to hand guard that tightens down secure. no movement and the ring wont scratch barrel.

Got what a barrel shroud? I thought it was cool at first but I relized it was way too tacticool and just not me. I don't like clutter on my guns, nice clean and light is right. The S12 is on the bottom (obviously). Only thing left to do is chop 3.125" off the barrel and weld the brake on, repaint.post-46357-0-62069600-1365302342_thumb.jpg

Put one on your gun and tell me you can't notice the extra weight up front. I thought they were "cool" at first but they're really cheesy IMO and add no positive attributes to the gun.

Here is my semi custom shroud and monster brake combo.

looks cool. now you need some chaos rail when they release it.

I have to laugh at this only because I been playing with idea on my S12 with chaos titian rail , having trouble picking out what would look cool and right for the gun. so far I only

photo shop it .

I guess iam not only one that thinks of these things which I think to myself I am nuts.... I am thinking of doing a vented alumlite vented shroud and JTE competition brake. or sticking a chaos tri rail in front of my titian rail then JTE competition brake.

Edited by bobabuee

http://www.1alumalite.com/s12.html

https://www.facebook.com/pages/AlumaliteUSAcom/130578147007958?fref=ts

This guy has the best barrel shrouds out there. I ordered the Archangel off him. took 2 months but well worth it. I see too many people with that raptor claw shroud.

You can even request your own custom made one if you talk to the guy.